Ch 5: Fate Weaver

Rain's POV.

It's been a few weeks since the Initiation that I've set was held. My wounds are now healed yet, I have new scars added to my collection. As long as I fulfilled and the outcome isn't so bad as I anticipated, I don't mind.

"Good morning Professor Rain!". One of the students greeted me as I entered the courtyard.

"Good morning. You have a few minutes until class starts, better hurry.". I said.

The student bids her farewell before rushing towards the academy. Glynda told me to come here. I know they would talk about that "rough way" I did back then. I was ignoring them but I think I can't dodge them this time.

As I saw Glynda and Ozma on the courtyard, I saw a bunch of familiar students running to the academy as they all passed by and didn't noticed me.

And I thought one student is only having a hard time tracking time, looks like I'm wrong.

"Good morning Rain.". Glynda said in her casual tone. "I hope you're all fully recovered because if isn't? I'll send you back to your dorm room immediately.".

"Now now Glynda.". Ozma softly responded and swirls the mug that he's holding. "I'm pretty sure that Rain knows how take care of herself dearly. So there's no need to scold her.". He added.

Glynda sighs and tries to rephrase her statement. "I know that Ozpin. I'm just worried because -".

"-because I am not immortal anymore?". I continued what she's going to say. Her eyes shows a hint of sadness as she looks at me.

That pitiful gaze..I hate it.

"Just because I don't have immortality in me doesn't mean I turned weak and neglectful. I know my limits Glynda so no need to worry.". I said and sigh before looking back at them. "Anyway, why did you two called me here?".

"Well? After the Initiation that you fully orchestrated, a new set of peculiar teams have been formed.". Ozma said.

"I am fully aware of that.".

"Well? Do you perhaps having a look or pick on a new team to train under your supervision?". Ozma asks.

A new team..to handle again?

....new..

I've trained so many teams formed in this academy since remnant knows how long, so many things happened. I've met and lose so many people. Even the ones that mostly very important to me..

All of them..gone.

"It's alright if you don't want to take a team in the time being Rain.". Glynda said as she noticed my silence after Ozma's question.

"It's fine Glynda". I said to Glynda. "And I'm not rushing things like you do.". And answered Ozma.

"Alright then. I know your keened abilities are going to honed them very well.". Ozma said.

I only looked at him, half annoyed and half pissed. But in order to restore humanity, I have to work with him.

After that small talk, I went to the academy to roam around when I suddenly got bumped by a rushing Weiss and followed by a worried Ruby behind her.

"Hey! Watch where you-..". Weiss angrily said as she quickly stood up and stops talking menacingly as she saw who she bumped with.

"Ah! M-My apologies Rain. I'm quite in a hurry so if you'll excuse me-".

"Weiss!!". Ruby catch up with her and  calls her name, making her to stop what she's saying and sighs heavily.

Weiss turns around to Ruby with an annoyed expression. "What?".