Chapter 5

The next morning, after a sleepless night by Noah's side, a nurse entered the room with a gentle smile.

"Good morning, Noah, Grace," she greeted us warmly. "We need to run some tests today to determine the stage of Noah's cancer. It will help us create the best treatment plan."

Noah looked at me, his eyes filled with a mixture of fear and hope. I squeezed his hand reassuringly.

"Alright," he said softly, nodding to the nurse. "Let's get it done."

The nurse nodded and began preparing for the tests. "It won't take too long, and we'll do our best to keep you comfortable, Noah."

"Thanks," Noah replied, trying to muster a smile. He turned to me. "Grace, you don't have to stay here for this. You should get some rest."

"I'm not going anywhere," I said firmly, my eyes locking with his. "We're in this together, remember?"

He sighed, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "Yeah, I remember. I just don't want you to be too tired."

"I'll rest when you rest," I replied, kissing his forehead. "We've got this, okay?"

Noah nodded, his grip on my hand tightening. The nurse finished her preparations and looked at us.

"Alright, Noah, we're ready. Grace, you can wait in the lounge, or you're welcome to stay here if you prefer," she said kindly.

"I'll be right here," I said, taking a seat next to Noah. "I'm not leaving him."

The nurse smiled and began the tests. As I watched, I couldn't help but marvel at Noah's strength. Despite everything, he was holding on, and so was I. We were in this fight together, every step of the way.

After the tests were completed, the nurse came back into the room with a reassuring smile.

"Noah, Grace," she began, "the tests are all done. Noah, you're cleared to go home now. We'll contact you with the results as soon as we have them."

Noah visibly relaxed, and I felt a wave of relief wash over me. The nurse handed me a few papers with instructions.

"These are some guidelines to follow while Noah is at home," she explained. "Make sure he gets plenty of rest, eats well, and stays hydrated. If he experiences any unusual symptoms or feels unwell, don't hesitate to contact us immediately."

I nodded, taking the papers from her. "Thank you so much," I said, my voice filled with gratitude.

The nurse smiled warmly. "You're welcome. Take care of each other, and we'll be in touch soon with the test results. If you have any questions or concerns, just give us a call."

Noah stood up slowly, and I was quick to support him. "Ready to go home?" I asked, trying to keep my tone light.

"More than ready," he replied, giving me a weak smile.

Noah stood up slowly, and I was quick to support him. Just as we were about to leave, the door opened, and Noah's father walked in, his expression a mix of concern and determination.

"Dad," Noah said, surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"I arranged for a car to take you home," his father replied, his tone firm but caring. "I wanted to make sure you got back comfortably."

Noah's eyes softened, and I could see the gratitude there. "Thanks, Dad. That means a lot."

As we made our way to the hospital entrance, I saw the sleek black car waiting for us. Noah's father had really thought of everything. The driver helped Noah into the back seat, and I followed, settling in beside him.As the car started to move, Noah turned to me, his expression a mix of exhaustion and determination.