A Bee In Your Bonnet

Young Abigail 

Aubrey Hall, 10 Years Earlier 

No one POV 

Abigail was looking at the gardens as Anthony and Edmund walked back and Abigail turned around and said "Papa." 

Edmund said "Look at you, are you picking flowers" and Abigail ran up and he picked her up and hugged her. 

Abigail said "They're for Daphne, Mama had to go back inside, the baby was making her tired." 

Edmund said "Ah, I see can you help me look for one for your mother, she would love these" and Abigail said "Okay." 

Edmund said "Okay." 

He put her down and Abigail said "Can you help me" and Anthony said "Yeah, just be careful with the thorns." 

Abigail said "I'm always cadeful" and Anthony said "Careful" and Abigail said "That's what I said." 

Edmund smiled. 

Edmund bent down and went to pick a flower, Abigail said "We need to get this one." 

A bee was flying around, and  Edmund said "Ah this bloody." 

Edmund swats at a bee, but it stings him. He suddenly starts struggling to breathe. Abigail said "Papa." 

Anthony said "Father?". 

Edmund said "The damn thing stung me. Whatever..." and he fell to the ground and Anthony ran over to him and Abigail said "Papa." 

Anthony said " Father? What is it? Father! " and Edmund said "I can't.." and Anthony said "Abby, go get help, now." 

Abigail ran back inside, and yelled"Help, someone help, someone" and Violet ran up and said "Dearest, what is it?". 

Abigail was crying and said "We were just picking flowers, and then the bee, and now he's he fell,I don't." 

Violet said "Stay inside" and Abigail said "Mama, I'm confused" and Violet said "Just stay inside, do not come out." 

Violet ran out and ran up to them and said "What happened?" and Anthony said "I don't know! I don't know! I don't know!". 

Violet said "Was it a bee? " and Anthony said "A bee, I think." 

Violet grabbed Edmund and held him and said " Edmund, you must breathe." 

Edmund gasped ands aid "I can't" and Edmund touched her face, and takes his last brreath.

Violet crying said "No, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Please don't. Do not leave me. No, Ed... Edmund!Do not leave me!". 

Anthony was crying and said "Oh God." 

Violet turned to see Abigail on the steps along with Colin and Violet said " The other children. They cannot... They cannot see him. Anthony! Go!". 

Anthony walked back inside.