Dignity of The Star

"Is this a joke?" I out of her seat to the man standing in front of her.

"I am afraid not, sir," He says, "The dictator himself has decided."

"The dictator?" I back to her seat and begin to fidget with a pen,"Stupid! Totally! Do you know who I am? Doesn't matter for which... Unlikely circumstances...I happen to be a major and I happen to be a minor at the same time! You can not toss me to the streets like this! I am seventeen!"

I am Major Nova. Quite a dignified person, really. But, today this man bears me news that my dignity is gone for now, which I refuse to believe. My life has taken a turn a few years ago, when I somehow scored total perfections on two subjects of a board examination. I was but 15 at that time, still living my life as an usual cadet at this military boarding school I used to go to. The subjects happen to be math and physics. Then, the government tested me over the span of two months or so from which they decided on sending me to Oxford to study physics. This was a great surprise to me, but little Nova back then had no idea why the government of Gengetri was being so benevolent by going to the extremes of rushing a little cadet to Oxford. I endulged in physics, I would say. So much so that I never took a time to realise that the world politics had became like rotten mangoes by then. I only found out when they kicked me out of Oxford and sent me back to my country where I was warmly greeted as an army officer no questions asked. They rushed me from my training just like how they rushed me into Oxford. 

That's when I figured out what the government really treated me like...

 A potential developer of war weapons. They thought I had what it took to be the next Oppenheimer. An Oppenheimer for the next World War that had just started...