THE BURNING APPLE

In the serene depths of the forest, Lila was practicing her newfound energies, striving to master the balance between her lunar and solar powers. The sunlight filtered through the canopy, casting dappled patterns on the ground as she focused her mind.

Mae, ever curious and playful, approached her with a bright smile.

"Lila, can you get me that apple with your powers?"

she asked, her high-pitched, cute voice echoing through the trees.

Lila smiled back at her.

"Let me try," she said, turning her gaze towards an apple hanging from a nearby tree. Concentrating, she felt the power surge within her. Her eyes began to change, glowing with the color of flames as she focused harder. But instead of gently plucking the apple, she accidentally set it on fire.

"Oh my god," Lila exclaimed in shock.

"You burnt it!" Mae cried, then turned to Taren, who was standing behind them with his arms crossed, watching Lila with an unreadable expression.

"Brother Taren, please shoot it with your bow!"

Startled, Lila looked back at Taren. How long had he been standing there?

Taren pulled out his bow and, with a swift, fluid motion, shot the another fresh apple. Mae caught it deftly in her small hands, her face lighting up with joy.

"How long were you standing here?" Lila asked, a bit embarrassed.

"I just came now," Taren replied, but his eyes, filled with unspeakable admiration, suggested otherwise.

"I should not disturb you now. Practice well, Lila." He turned and walked away, his heart heavy with unspoken feelings.

Taren knew some people aren't meant to stay forever. He stopped by the well, staring at his reflection in the water. A single tear fell from his eye, distorting his image as it hit the surface, symbolizing the turmoil in his heart.

Meanwhile, Mae tugged at Lila's sleeve.

"Lila, can I become strong like you?"

"You were always strong, Mae. You just need to realize it," Lila said, gently.

"I will be sad when you leave," Mae told her with a pout.

"But more than me, brother will be sad."

"I will be sad too, Mae," Lila replied, her heart aching at the thought of leaving.

"Brother loves you, Lila. Don't leave him!" Mae insisted, her innocent words piercing Lila's heart.

Lila looked at Mae with deep sorrow, trying to recall who Taren was in her past life. She had never seen him in her celestial visions. Maybe she hadn't thought about Taren enough during her realization. Closing her eyes, she saw a vision of a brutal war.

In this vision, a skilled archer and her past lover fought fiercely. The archer, a prince engaged to the princess, hated the warrior-the princess's true love. The princess had confessed her love for the warrior to her fiancé, filling him with rage. The battlefield saw the warrior killing the archer, breaking the rules of war, but amidst the chaos, no one noticed. Blood flowed freely, and rules were all forgotten.

Lila felt the pain and regret of her past. She realized that Taren and Elara were innocent spirits who had sought nothing but true love, only to suffer instead. Her own heart ached with this realization, knowing she was bound by destiny and duty.

Her time of departure was near. She found Taren, standing before her, ready to bid her farewell. Mae was still playing with the other children, unaware that Lila was about to leave, otherwise she won't let Lila go.

"Taren," Lila called out softly.

Taren looked up, his heart heavy, his eyes empty. He had nothing to say, feeling too unworthy for a woman like Lila.

Lila stepped closer.

"I know what you have in your heart for me. A whole beautiful sky where you keep me. But Taren, protect this kind and pure heart for your soulmate, not for a person like me who will have to vanish."

Taren tried to speak but silenced himself. He didn't cry in front of her, but his heart was shedding a flood where anyone might drown.

"Taren, you are way too true and pure. You will find your purpose on this earth. I don't deserve your love. Once you find the right person who loves you too, give them everything you could. All of your heart should belong to that particular person, not to someone like me. Save your love for your future, save this kindness and truth for the future, Taren," Lila said, giving him one last hug.

This time, Taren couldn't control his emotions. His eyes overflowed with tears he had been hiding, and he cried on her shoulder. With this painful hug, they parted ways, bidding farewell to each other.