Chapter twenty

She went near it and it was just a giant kettle used by the gardener. But what surprised her more was a giant painting next to the kettle. It was covered with a heavy black cloth. Maxi pulled it and saw the painting. It was a family. Her eye caught Zephyr.

-So, this must be Zephyr's family? , - Isolde thought.

Zephyr looked so young but something was different. His eyes were sparkly and full of emotions, unlike the Zephyr she is married. Zephyr was next to a woman.

The young beautiful woman was sat in a luxurious chair. Her hair was black and her sparkling eyes were light blue. Her face was smiley and she radiated positive energy. She was wearing a majestic dress and on her head was a crown with different rubies.

Next to the beautiful woman was a handsome man. He also wore a crown. He was a blonde man with dark eyes like Zephyr's. He looked alike Zephyr but the difference was their hair color. He looked serious and maintained a straight posture. Next to the man was another boy. He looked a little older than Zephyr. He had black hair and blue eyes. He looked like his father but had his mother's sparkling eyes. Even though his eyes sparkled his face was serious and his body was standing straight.

In the background of the painting it was a symbol. The black lion wearing a golden crown. Isolde gasped.

-R-Royals. W-What? Z-Zephyr is from a royal family?

The black lion wearing a golden crown.

That was the symbol of the Inferno kingdom which was established three centuries ago. That was the Holden's kingdom enemy and opponent. Inferno kingdom was the only kingdom feared by all the others around the world because of their king. Their ruler is a tyrant and he was the reason why Holden's king was facing difficulties in protecting his gold and the territories. Their ruler was the reason why Zephyr suffered seven years in war.

But why was Zephyr with Inferno's royal family? That only meant he was part of the royal family. He isn't the general of the Holden kingdom but the prince of Inferno kingdom. That came as a shock to Isolde. Did Zephyr's people know he was in reality a prince? That was the time Isolde realized how little she knew about her husband's life. She felt awful.

Then she decided that she would later ask him about this. She had to gather up her courage and learn the truth. Isolde covered the painting again and walked out of the attic. She soon was to the castle and went to the kitchen. The maids were cooking the food.

-G-Good work e-everyone, - Isolde greeted them smiling.

They all stopped working and bowed.

-Good day, my lady, - They said in one voice.

-Thank y-you, - Isolde smiled.

The maids got to work and Sebastian was observing them. Isolde stayed awhile there. Her eyes laid on the maids outfits. They were outworn and the fabric was worn out. Isolde felt like she had to do something.

-S-Sebastian.

-Yes, me lady, - he went near her and bowed.

-C-Can you show m-me where the l-library i-is? We h-have t-to discuss s-something.

-Certainly, my lady, - Sebastian started showing the way.

Isolde sat on the chair and Sebastian looked nervous.

-Sebastian. C-Can we m-make new u-uniforms for the m-maids?

-New uniforms? Why, my lady? The current ones are alright.

-N-No Sebastian. The fabrics a-are low quality a-and th-thin. A-Also the c-color i-is somewhat d-dull. W-We must m-make new o-ones.

-Well, that is true my lady. I will immediately start with the preparations.

-Oh, I-I was a-also thinking o-of adding the u-uniform an accessory. For example, a fluffy white h-headband. T-That would h-help them w-with the hair n-not getting in t-the way, - Isolde looked at Sebastian who was contemplating.

-Hmm... That doesn't sound like a bad idea my lady. I have heard maids complaining about their hair getting in the way. That would help them a lot. I will tell the merchants to bring and make the uniforms immediately, - Sebastian bowed and left.

Isolde felt contented. She was able to be of some use in the castle and she liked helping Zephyr's people. She couldn't wait to see the maids in their new uniforms. Isolde sighed and started looking around the library. She found an interesting book and started reading it by the window. She read a few pages and closed it. She looked outside the window and saw the clear sky. Isolde looked down and saw Zephyr taking care of his horse. He was brushing its body and patting it softly. He raised his head and saw Isolde. Isolde blushed at instant but she still decided to wave at him. Zephyr chuckled which made his dimples visible and waved back at her.

Zephyr thought of teasing her a bit. He started travelling his finger to his neck and then to his collarbone. He pinched it a little leaving a slightly red mark. Isolde covered her face with the book she was holding and turned her back. Her heart was beating fast as she recalled what they had done in the attic.

She left the library and went to the dining room. All the food was prepared and Isolde was waiting for Zephyr. She was pacing around the room and suddenly she felt strong arms wrapping her from behind. It was Zephyr who smelled like fresh soap and who kissed her cheek gently.