✰ y. itadori - my favorite

The sun was high in the sky, casting a peaceful glow over the blooming park where you and Yuuji decided to spend your day. You became friends when your twin sister, Nobara, introduced you to her friend, and you quickly became closer than her and Yuuji were before. Your friendship has held a lot to offer; countless moments spent laughing until tears fell from both of your eyes, sharing secrets that you'd never told anybody else, and hundreds of adventures that made you both happy. However, today's adventure, had something different in store.

You find a nice spot in the sun and spread out a knitted checkered blanket that you had both made together, and Yuuji placed down a basket of delicious treats, some that Gojo had bought you two, and some you made yourself. He grinned, excited like a kid on their birthday, his eyes almost popping out of his head at the sight of delicious food. "Woah, y/n! You really went ALL out for today!" Yuji exclaimed, attempting to sneakily reach for a sandwich. You chuckle, slapping his hand away in a playful manner. "That's for the view, Yuuji! Save it for later!"

  What a view there was. The park was bursting with tulips of all colors, cherry blossoms on every tree, and it was beautiful. The gentle breeze carried the sounds of little kids, the chatter of adults, the cries of little babies, and the chirp chirp of the nearby birds. As you two sat side by side, talking about everything and nothing, Yuuji often found himself stealing quick glances at you in between bites of his sandwich when you weren't looking. You looked so.. beautiful in this lighting. The sun illuminated your already beautiful features in the prettiest way possible, your laughter a song that could lull him to sleep.

"Hey, y/n?" Yuji piped up in a soft voice, slightly hesitant. You turn to him, your eyes meeting inquisitively. "Yes, Yuuji? What's up?" A kaleidoscope of butterflies erupting like a volcano in his stomach, the courage slowly rising to the surface. "I-I have something I've been meaning to tell you." Your expression softened, putting your sandwich down onto your plate to turn to him with a smile, signaling him to go ahead. He takes a deep breath, "I.. I know we've been best friends for a.. really long time. I'm so, unbelievably grateful to call you my best friend. But, as of late, I've been feeling something.. different, something.. new..." Your eyes widened, a smile and a blush creeping onto your face. "Yuuji.." He smiled. "I like you, more than just a friend.. no, I LOVE you, y/n." Your face turned from a slight smile, to a smile so big and radiant it could even rival the sun that day. "Yuuji, I love you too!" You grabbed his hand, just as he was reaching for yours, and he brought your hand up to his face and he gave it a gentle kiss.

  And so, that day, beneath the clear blue sky and the beauty of Mother Nature, you sealed your newfound love with a sweet kiss, your new love blossoming like the cherry blossoms around you. In that moment, your picnic became a beautiful memory, one you'd cherish until the day you die, a symbol of the new chapter with your love that will last forever.

"Y/n, sweetheart?"

"Yeah?"

"I can't tell if I love you or this sandwich more!" Yuuji says as he takes a bite.

"Yuuji.."

He giggles. "Of course it's you, you'll always be my favorite."