2

"Life is full of shit." I drank more of the alcohol in my glass.

"Well, that's how it is living in the U.S." Mina poured me another glass, patting me on the back

It was Mina's engagement celebration with us five, Me, Mina, Sakura, Hyejin, and Jihyo. After being with her boyfriend for 5 years, she finally got engaged. 

Meanwhile, in the friend group, I was the only one single. Even my parents told me to get a boyfriend, and get married. They threatened to arrange me too!

"Why not go to Korea? You haven't went back since you moved here." Jihyo shrugged.

I swirled my glass with my finger, looking over to Hyejin and Mina working their lungs off at the karaoke. 

I was happy with life right now, was. I have a stable job, friends, and family here. The only thing I didn't have was, romance. 

Romance. The field of life that I failed. I'm considered the anti-romantic of the group, and I don't blame them. I'm 'allergic' to physical touch and find lovey dovey relationships cringe. 

The only relationship I did have, was in senior year of high school. But, unfortunately I was a stupid girl at that time, and, you guessed it, got cheated on. I gave up on love after that.

"I might go back, I think it would be nice for a change of scenery. Maybe, I'll be inspired by the technology there and come up with a new project to start." I opened up my phone for flights for Seoul.

"Always about work. Hey, to make it more fun, how about you rent a boyfriend?" Hyejin walked up to us, grabbing her wine. 

" 'rent' a boyfriend?" I looked at her in disbelief, did she really just suggest that to me?

"ooh! I've seen the website. A lot of cute guys are up. You really should! Haeun!" Jihyo put the microphone away, sitting down in front of me.

"You should do it for the summer, just for fun, to experience real romance." Mina smiled, her words sounding more like an insult than a suggestion.

"Please, our Haeun. With a boyfriend? You must be joking." Sakura walked in with bags full of snacks.

The girls got up from their seats and walked to Sakura before I could even say anything.

"She's thinking of renting a boyfriend in Korea for the summer." Mina stuffed her mouth with Takis. 

"Yeah, you're going to put the guy in a crisis." Sakura dropped the bags on the big table in front of us.

I looked at them all in disbelief. Do they really think that I can't have a fun time with a 'boyfriend'? I wasn't a person to just listen to them, I take things seriously, sometimes.

"You know what. I am renting a boyfriend. And, I'm renting the most romantic one on the site." I scrolled through the site, looking at one specific guy in particular.

Yoon Jeonghan.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Okay, im done with the first actual chapter.

It took me some time because I didn't know how to start it.

But! Im going to start and finish this without deleting this 6 chapters in.

Anyway, hope you enjoy, i will update soon.

Thank you for reading <3

yourlocalkpopgurly~