Sneek Peek

Authors Note: Here's a preview, or a cold teaser, if you will, for my book. This story has gone through changes. Some more noticable than others. For now please enjoy this snippet! I'll be posting one chapter every Friday. Starting with the prologue.

—💜—

"Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
no escape from reality.
Open your eyes and look up to the sky—" I swung my hand over to cover his mouth. Preventing him from further botching a good song with his tone-deaf singing voice.

"Jacob." I lean closer towards him, an obvious frown etching the features of my face. "I realize, as of this moment, you are on a shit-ton of painkillers but will you please. Shut. The. Hell. Up." I shouted at him in a subdued tone.

He blinked slowly back at me, and when I say slowly I mean I could see how dilated his emerald green eyes really were, and I also caught a glint of some emotion stirring in them. He was so high it was taking him a while to collect himself.

However, I didn't have long to determine what it was as a slick wet thing ran across my palm. I pulled my whole body back, a look of disgust evident as I stared down at the hand I was holding then shot a glare his way. "You nasty fool. You licked my hand!"

That time warranted the paramedic next to me to clear his throat in obvious warning to knock it off and I obediently sat back down, apologizing for acting childish.

Jacob sniggered to himself, his finger pointing at me or trying to. The meds along with the not so smooth ride made it hard to tell. "Someone got in trouble." My eyes practically shot daggers his way but my expression only made things worse as he busted out in a full on giggle fit. Clearly, someone was amused.

"Wait until the meds wear off" I muttered out of annoyance. "Then we'll see who'll get the last laugh."