05.

Nika's POV

The buzzer blares as another bucket swooshes through the net. It's the first preseason game, and we are absolutely kicking ass so far; we're only in the second quarter, so that could change, but we're leading by 50 points.

"Muhl, get in there!" Coach yells and points towards the center line as I sit on the bench, watching the girls run up and down the court. I get up, jogging toward it, and prepare myself to run in, repeatedly running my hands over my hair.

When the play ends, the whistle is blown, and I run to the other girls, switching with Megan. We huddle up sightly, and they fill me in on their next play. Kelsey clapped when we were done as a signal to get into position. After the ball is thrown back into the court, the game starts again, and eventually, we get another three-pointer from Kate. Ugh, honestly, I would be happy if it was done by anyone but her. But after that point, she screams, doing a jumping chest bump with Kelsey, and I think my heart literally drops to my vagina. Like hello??!! Why was that kind of lowkey hot??!! And why am I feeling this way??!! This is not okay! This is definitely not normal!

~~~~~

"Paige! You finally fucking answered!" I say, my mouth full of toothpaste. As soon as I got home, I showered and then immediately FaceTimed her, and of course, Paige being Paige, did not answer the first two times. But it's also 11 pm, so that could be why.

"Someone better be dying," She says groggily; her screen is dark and barely illuminating her face.

"Even worse," I spit my mouthwash into the sink and turn towards Paige. "So Kate Martin, you know her, right?"

She nods as I walk from the bathroom, lying on my bed. "Yeah? She's on your team, and you like hate her with a burning passion,"

"I think there's something wrong with me," I hide my face as I blurt the rest out. "Sheskindasortareallyhot,"

Paige practically jumps out of bed, turning the light on and looking at me through the phone like I'm a killer. "Um, hello?! Who are you, and what have you done with Nika?"

"Shut up," I snap, rolling my eyes. "No one can know this, not even the girls,"

"Not even Azzi?" She whines.

"Not even Azzi," I confirm. "I still hate her, though,"
"You sure about that?" Paige smirks.

"She's still the same stupid fucking Kate Martin I know and love," I say sarcastically, adding a fake smile at the end for good measure.

~~~~~

The rest of the preseason games go smoothly, with us winning four out of five. Kate and I have been doing well for rookies, getting an average of about 5 points a game, and of course, she still looks, ugh, well, hot during the games. It's still honestly hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that Kate Martin is hot. Like no, ew, I hate her. She's rude and gross and just always stupidly happy, it makes me so fucking mad.

*A/N*

Heyyy! So this chapter was originally supposed to be two chapters but I decided to mash them together because they were honestly way too short. But what do we think???? Nika now finally thinking Kate is hot??? Ahhhhh! But anyways, is it bad to be obsessed with your own edits because, me! Omg like I love them. Please remember to vote and add to your library so you don't miss any updates!! I will def be updating tomorrow and it's gonna be a real good one 😉. ❤️L

PS (TELL ME SOMEONE SAW NIKA'S GAME FIT FOR TODAY BECAUSE I AM LITERALLY GOING FERAL RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! LIKE HELLO????!!!! WHO GAVE U PERMISSION TO LOOK THIS GOOD NIKA?)

(KATE AND JADA???? AWWWWWW)

(please remind me again why nika and i are not married?? likeeee hello?? and the tattoo on her ear??)