Part two(ending)

Red-black. Maybe even rainbow. I slipped my hands up his shirt. It's not the same. I pull away from his lips. "I have to go." I grab my bag and put my hoodie on, leaving the boy in the forest. 9th grade sucked. Everyone avoided you and the seniors watched you like hawks hungry for prey. Scarlett is being home schooled. We don't talk often. She's busy with life, her new boyfriend.

"You're not a boy."
Blue-black.
"Claret."
"Carson."

My father hurt me again. I couldn't do this anymore. Tap tap. "Come in?" I watch my little sister come into my room. "Claret...dad hurt me." Orange-green-purple. "What? When?" She went on to tell me that it happened more than once. I wasn't going to let him a lay a finger on her again.

I packed my bag. "Throw it out to me when I get out, okay?" I asked my sisters. They both nodded. "Goodbye Jenna. Goodbye May." I hugged them both before jumping out the window and running off. Purple-red. I knew where Scarlett's house was. I walked and walked. Turning around occasionally to see if there was any headlights heading toward me. I passed the gas station.  Blue-orange-green. I walked further. I knew that the farther the gas station lights were away from me the sooner I'd be safe.

Tap tap. I knew Scarlett was sleeping. She would be in for a surprise. Tap tap. I shown my flash light into her bedroom window. The light turned in and she moved the curtains, a yellow-blue-red look on her face appeared.

"What are you doing here?" She opened the back door and let me in, her mom standing with us. "I ran away. Sean hurt Jenna." I watched as Scarlett looked at her mom with a green-orange face, then back to me. "Take me to the police station.

He was never put in jail. I rebuke them. They failed a teenager. I stand in the rain and curse the above. "Why must you hurt me? You turn against me." I feel isolated.

9 months go by. It's the end of 10th grade. Scarlett has plans for the summer and wants me to come with. I can't. Blue-orange-green. I run away again. Mom hurt me. Anger spewed out of my lips. They won't find me again. I leave a letter in Scarlett's mailbox. She will forgive me. She will understand. I walk to the beautiful bridge that she and I used to hang out on. I stand on the rails. I breathe in the cold morning air. I let the smell roll off my tongue. I smile as I take a step forward.

"How do you feel?"
"Yellow purple."