COMING SOON - side stories #1.

DreamyDa1sy

—— «- FANCY~ »

All of the Agency's workers looked up from what they were doing. In the doorway, stood a young man. A brown cap, the vest and pants to go with it, a cunning look on his face, and a lollipop between his lips.

He walked in, confident, and jumped onto Dazai's desk, after pushing the paperwork out of the way. Fuyumi blinked, before standing slowly.

«- Can we help you, Sir ?»

He grinned the candy's stick stuck between his teeth.

«- Nah. I'll just wait for Dazai, or mister Fancy Hat.»

The young woman blinked once more. It was Natsume who spoke next.

«- I can give them a call, if you're in a hurry–»

«- Don't worry about it, Lady. Here they are.»

The door opened once more, just as the lollipop left his mouth with a pop. Eri ran in happily, only to stop when she saw the man on her father's desk. Behind her came Chuuya, who froze, before pinching the bridge of his nose.

«- Fuck.»

«- What is it, Darling Slug– » Dazai's eyes widened. « Ranpo ?»

Edogawa Ranpo smirked like a Cheshire cat.

«- Hey there, Dazai. Long time no see.»

—— They were huddled in Chuuya's office.

Said Chuuya was collapsed in the corner, while Ranpo sat on the desk as usual, and Dazai on the main chair.

«- Fancy place you got there,» the best detective said airily, « didn't think the first thing you'd do would be to build an Agency.»

«- Did you, now,» Dazai chuckled. « Did you ever believed in our death at all ?»

Ranpo munched the chips he had been gracefully given.

«- Nope. Fancy Hat would've never done a double suicide with you. If that ever was to happen,» he gestured at the red head, « it be him dying first, and you killing yourself after.»

A silence stretched.

«- Anyway. Congratulations about the adoption. She's really cute. And really traumatized, I guess.»

Chuuya's face left his hands.

«- Seriously, why did have to be you ?! Anyone else, I'd be okay with.» the ex-mafioso paused. « Okay, maybe not anyone. Only the rat fucker could be worse.»

Ranpo laughed at that, while Dazai scratched his head. No one asked how he'd arrived here, neither how he'd found them.
Chuuya sighted.

«- I'll go prepare the guest room. Eri still has to do her homework, and have dinner. Have fun being creepy geniuses.»

With that, he slammed the door and left. Ranpo turned towards the other dad in the room, and wiggled his eyebrows.