A old love.

Azulon POV.

I remember that smile. Those warm eyes that held affection,innocents, love. The soft warm hands that weer smaller than my hands. Those soft lips that tasted of sweetness, warmness, home. My first love.

We could never be together. He was my first true love. I remember our last night together he gave me my tattoo on the back of my neck. So only that I know its there. I wish there was a way I could have kept him here. So that he wouldn't have died.

I still remember that day when I found out that my father killed all the air nomads. My fire turned blue. I remember the pain I felt knowing he is dead too. The feeling of a part of me died with him. I changed that day. I become cold. The anger I felt at myself for not protecting my little air nomad. Thinking about the pain Aang must have felt when he died. The burning of flesh. That he smelt his own burning flesh. The fear Aang must have felt in that moment.

Aang must have thought that I, Azulon was there. That I used him. That I didn't care about him. That I didn't love him and I didn't mean those words I told him.

I wish I could tell him I love him again. To hold him again. To just kiss him again. To protect him from the darkness.

But I can't. I will never see him again. I could never be with him. I was a prince who would marry a nobel woman. And I did.

I imagen it's Aang I married. That its Aang I wake up next to. That its Aang I make love to. It's wrong of me. But my heart will always belong to Aang. My little air nomad.

My son Iroh who is now 10 years old. He reminds me of Aang. That smile. His smile reminds me of Aang. It nearly looks like Aang smile.

I'm just a man who is 33 years old and the fire lord now. A man who will live with regret and sadness for the rest of his life. A man who was a 16 years old prince when he fell head over heels for a air nomad:Aang.