hermit.

- ', HERMIT

 ˗ˏˋ  1700, london

˗ˏˋ 1700, london. 'ˎ˗

NAVIA WAS ALWAYS ALONE, thats what she had preferred

NAVIA WAS ALWAYS ALONE, thats what she had preferred. Although, before she was moved far away from her home she was cheery, at least that's what everyone described her as.

She was bubbly. She saw the greater good in life, the cup half full type of woman. Her mother was very sickly. She told herself to remain positive no matter what.

Navia was twelve when her mother died. A shift in her world made everyone around her dimmed. Alone and vulnerable she was forced to move with a distant relative whom she had no idea existed.

Lord Cedric was a man of solitude. He never smiled, as far as Navia knew. He was dull and blank. Needing to keep up with his Noble duties.

He had recently married Lady Maris, a snobby woman. She saw Navia as a pawn to solidify their family's standing. Navia only longed for her simplicity and freedom.

Navia grew into a striking woman. Suitors came from all over just to court her. Making empty promises of luxury and flattery. But all Navia felt was suffocation.

Her fate was being decided, she was uncomfortable. She already had a wedding under two weeks.

Arden Winsdor. The man she was marrying was a nightmare, putting up a front in front of her guardians. She didn't want to marry at 17.

He doesn't want to be with her, he loves the thought of having her. Being able to flaunt a woman around would make any man jealous.

If her mother was still alive she would've told her to run, don't stay in a place where you can't breathe. Don't accept fake fate. Go.

And that's what she did. A floral print travel bag filled with clothes, jewelry to sell, sterling, and food.

On her journey towards her new life, tragedy struck. The girl got lost and was now walking a muddy path. The rushing water of the river next to her roaring with every wind blow.