CHAPTER 4

As the lesson ended, Alice stood up and grabbed her stuff followed by the other student. I put my pencil case and my sketchbook in my tote bag.

"Wait!" I stopped as Alice came up to me, she gave me a crumbled piece of paper that she ripped on her tiny notepad, it was her phone number.

"This is my phone number, remember to call me when you want me to come to your house!!" She waved her hands at me and then ran away, leaving me in the room alone.

What's up with the rush?

"whatever let's go home." my bed is waiting for me and I can't let that happen!!

While walking I was about to search for Jacob but I forgot that he was in the gym, so he was probably still stuck in the PE lesson until god knows how long.

Last time the PE finished at 5 PM and because of that my knees hurt so bad that I couldn't get up on the bed.

And as much as I want to wait for Jacob I also don't want to wait until 5 PM or more so I leave him alone for this day, he probably knows already that I'm going to leave him.

I walk out past the school gate with other random students going the same route as me, I put my earphones on and put on my favorite song.

|PATHWAY|

|PATHWAY|

The song that played vibrated my ear, the tune gave me such comfort that I couldn't put my words in, I hummed my favorite song and continued to turn to the other path toward my house.

While he was blinded by the music that played on his phone, he didn't realize that he was being followed by a strange man with a camera holding onto his hand. Zaire still kept walking without knowing what was about to come, without knowing the danger that he could get.

The stranger knew that he would plug his earphones after school, it was his bad habit, after all, playing the song and setting the volume to the max, he hated how clumsy his sweetheart was, how he was always unaware of everything. That bad habit is what made him follow him every day, he didn't want anyone to take advantage of Zaire without HIM knowing.

That's why he's here, no matter what he will always follow him, watching him going home going to the supermarket or hanging out with that so-called friend "Jacob" who made his hand grip the camera at the thought of him getting closer to Zaire, acting as he knew him better than anyone when he's nothing but a disease that going to give Zaire an infection.

But now it's just him and me, I turned on the camera motioned behind his back, and pressed the button.

Another one for my collection, my treasure.

I also followed him step by step as my camera was still directly behind him, taking as many pictures as I could get and slowly hiding beside the dumpster.