CHAPTER 8

|BATHROOM|

|BATHROOM|

In the bathroom, I slowly started to take off my T-shirt in front of the mirror.  I looked in front of the mirror, half of my body was exposed in the mirror, ivory skin with a warm yellow hue sprinkled with small moles.

The red bite marks, whatever their origin, have started to return to normal, some spots are still the same as yesterday.  I turned my head to the side while placing my finger on one of the marks under my ear.  There is no feeling when pressed, quite itchy even if my finger touches it gently.

My face was gloomy when I saw that my stomach was covered in lots of bruises, my hands touched the bruises that were sticking to my body, and my navel had bruises that were dark purple from being hit by Garet which was directed more towards my navel.

My hands tried to cover the ugly bruises in the mirror, my mouth throbbed at the pain I had to endure during school.

"Ugly..." Zaire said to the person in the mirror.

Ugly color.

Ugly bruises.

I also took off my shorts and looked again at the incision marks on both upper thighs, the incisions which had turned pink had now healed.

No matter how many times I see it, the memory that should be buried in the core of my heart still emerges.

"Are you happy there..." I opened the glass shower door and opened the cold water tap.

My body was soaked in cold water like the North Pole, cold water that made me get rid of all feelings of anger like fire.

I rubbed my whole body using liquid soap, from my neck to the soles of my feet, my body immediately smelled of my favorite flowers.

'I wonder which way you went.'

I wiped my face with shower water, then my hands removed the remaining shampoo from my hair.

'Do you live in heaven...'

I turned off my faucet once it was clean, placing my palm on the glass full of water droplets.

"Or hell..."

My mouth smiled sweetly when I said the word "hell", I idly made two X lines on the glass then added a U underneath.