Chapter 11: A Heated Score To Settle pt 1

Flor bit her lip as Lilah was about to finally put the Diadem, fully inside her. She seemed to love teasing the hell out of Flor. Had her squirming beneath her. Flor was enjoying it too when her ward alarm blared inside her head. Just in time, to see a fully geared up Aporia appear, snatching Lilah and her heaven away by her thick, long hair.

    Aporia’s energy was near brimming, making it hard for Flor to even focus. The air was literally vibrating from her ire. Aporia glared daggers at Lilah with so much hatred, Flor immediately knew something else was up. Flor stood up slowly from her place on the floor. “Aporia, baby. I don’t know your history with Lilah, but we can handle this without violence, right?” Flor tried to use her magic to subdue the dangerous vibes Aporia was putting off, in her oddly fashionable battle armor. It didn’t work at all. Aporia gazed at her nakedness with a look of disappointment and something else she couldn’t decipher. With a yell, Aporia flashed across the room in a bolt of light and she grabbed a stunned Lilah off the floor and disappeared with a boom of her magic through the room.

    Flor groaned when her wards flashed once more into her head and Ero appeared. Seeing him after what just happened brought her to tears. Too many warring thoughts and feelings.

    “Oh, baby.” He rushed to her pulling Flor into him. She truly missed him.

    “Should we track them?” She asked softly, unsure of what to think or do between all the panic and worry.

    Ero shook his head. “I can’t feel either of them. Aporia has hid their spiritual signatures completely. I hadn’t known she could do that. I hadn’t known a lot.”

    Flor sighed, burying her face in his shirt wiping her tears and trying to control the plethora of emotions. “I take it they have history?”

    “Yes. She apparently took Aporia’s Diadem.”

    Flor’s eyes widened. She now knew what a Diadem was. That Aporia was missing hers? That meant Aporia was one of The Twelve too. “How could Lilah do something like that?”

    Ero tensed. “Flor; Lilah was the Queen of The Twelve back then. She had rules to follow. So I imagine that’s what she was doing. Aporia was the first of our kind to procreate with a human. There was a price for that.”

    Flor covered her face. “Aporia had mentioned to me years ago. That there was a woman out there whom she both loved and hated. And if she ever saw her again she didn’t know which emotion she’d act on.”

    Ro rubbed her shoulders. “For all our sakes, let’s hope she lands on the side of love. Lilah wasn’t here to fight Aporia. She wanted to make amends. Apparently, there are war happenings brewing in the Higher Realms. Lilah was voted out of power and needs all the support to get it back. At least this is all she’s told me. Since then, I’ve done my own research and found out everything she’s saying is true.”

    Flor stepped away. “You’ve kept all this to yourself? Almost for two damn weeks?! What is wrong with you, Ero? This is war and politics. My least favorite things.” Flor added, exasperated. “We let Lilah use us, Ro. No matter her intentions, it was manipulative AF. How could you trust her over, Aporia? Over me?”

    Ro agreed. “I’m sorry, Flor. It wasn’t like that. I didn’t think it would get that messy with them. It was naïve. I just found it amazing that Lilah is one of The Twelve and so is Aporia. I didn’t fully realize, that I don’t know what any of that, really means. But what if War actually happens Flor? Everything points to Lilah being truthful. I just didn’t know Aporia hated her so much, she wouldn’t listen to reason. The Aporia we know is level headed. Lilah loves Aporia, Flor. More, than I think we do. I don’t know their history, but the emotions I felt from Lilah about Aporia, were honest. She’s not out to hurt her. She wanted forgiveness and what else; I don’t know. I just thought I was doing a good thing.”