Chapter 10

14th April 2024

It was a random morning, I woke up to the noise of my mom's vacuum cleaner.

GOD WHO THE FUCK NEEDS TO VACCUUM CLEAN AT 8 IN THE MORNING?!

I tried to shout on top of my voice to ask mom to switch it off, but looks like the vacuum cleaner's noise got more power than me.

I was really sleepy, but at the same time, I was hyperactive.

I gained enough courage and strength to lift myself up from my cosy covers, and walk up to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I was obviously not going to shower at this hour, especially when I was living the peak of my holidays!

I brushed my teeth well, changed my very short shorts into ankle length track pants and brushed my soft, brown curls into a messy bun.

I looked hot, can't lie to that.

I picked my phone from the corner of the drawing room and turned airplane mode off. The first app my fingers ever go to is, obviously, my beloved Instagram. There were many unseen stories, posts and unread DMs.

I opened Daksh's story first, 'cause it appeared on the top of my feed section.

Oh, and Daksh, btw is a mutual friend that I had with all those MUN people from Bangalore. I had never met him in person, but all I know about him is that he's a year junior to me, has good singing voice on his Instagram stories, and is very goofy ahh. He's been a good friend all this while, although still not eligible to be considered into the list of my homies.

Nevertheless, I tapped on his story icon on my Instagram feed to a story with a question poll.

"Random gc?"

'Yes' and 'No' were the poll options.

Honestly, I had no idea what 'gc' was supposed to mean.

I did not care to google the acronym for its meaning, and clicked 'yes'. Minutes later, I was added to a group conversation, and I realised what 'gc' was supposed to mean- group convo.

There were many other people- some 'Sumedh', some 'unknown._.fr', some other childish looking girls and a couple other guys. I knew no one but Daksh.

So it meant that I had to make friends now, it felt like therapy at this point.

I went ahead, gained a little bit of courage, and texted a 'hey' in the group. I was warm welcomed by all the others, who seemed to know each other beforehand.

The all replied to my text in the group and I felt loved for those moments. We collectively decided to have a face reveal, all the others girls there were way younger to me and had perfect body figures and a plush white skin, unlike mine, which someday was pure white and now is totally caramel-ish. I did feel happy for their skin tone and beauty, but when I shared one of my pictures, which was apparently almost a year old, they all were mesmerised.

Like was that sarcasm that they showed?

Was it actually that good?

I got comments like "cutie", "gorgeous", "aww that's fucking cute", and other shit like that. Like I was actually surprised to see that people can like me too.

Seven hours passed by, and the gc was hyperactive as fuck and everyone was super energetic except for this one random "@suiiiiitcase" guy (that's his Instagram handle btw). I noticed that this one guy won't speak, he'd just keep reading texts that others send and not comment or interact.

Typical mysterious ahh guy.

But who knew he might someday become something way more than just "some random suitcase guy"?