Twelve

"How have you been? You've been at Daikis for so long!" Her mother expressed, pinching her cheeks. "You've lost weight too."

Maemi hugged the older woman. "I'm okay mother, Daiki is just going through something right now. I'll eat a big dinner tonight."

"Good because I'm making your favorite!"

Kami:
Hey, how's your night going love?

Maemi rolled over in her bed, moving her hair to see the screen better.

Maemi:
It's been good, how about you?

Kami:
Ugh, it was quite busy at work.

Have you eaten?

Maemi:
I ate so much I feel nauseous

My mother always cooks large meals.

Kami:
I'm proud of you :)

Maemi:
Thank you :)

-

Getting out of the SUV, Daiki looked around as he approached the school. Takiya let out a small chuckle behind him, which only annoyed the younger more.

  "Hey." Maemi walked up. "How are you feeling?"

He nodded with a forced smile. "I'm okay, and you? You skipped yesterday."

She frowned with a cute tilt of her head. "How'd you know?"

Looking up and motioning behind her, Maemi shyly whipped her head forward again. "Kamiko told you?"

"I'll show you the text later."

Washing his hands in the restroom, Daiki still fought the embarrassment of having to ask to leave in the middle of class.

Footsteps echoed from the hall as the person came into view, both having completele opposite reactions upon seeing one another.

Backing away from the sink without even turning off the faucet, Kazu let out a chuckle. "Why so startled dai?"

  "Why shouldn't I?" He spat out, his knees threatening to give out any moment. The taller continued to walk forward, intentionally blocking the younger in the corner.

  "I just tried to love you."

  "Love?" He questioned in disbelief. With a deep breath, the boy met the olders eyes. "You hurt me and forced me. That's not love."

  His cocky smile tilted to the side. He was truly amused. "Do you know what love is? I do really love you."

  "Back up." Daiki choked on his words, feeling the situation escalating. "I'm not yours to play with anymore."

Kazus hand gripped onto Daikis belt. Stopping the youngers hand from removing him, he unbuckled it and tossed it across the floor. "Are you someone else's?"

  Footsteps echoed once again, causing the older to throw Daiki into a stall and lock the door. Gasping as his body hit the wall, a hand was placed over his mouth. "Better shut up or you'll pay."

  Another student entered a stall as Kazus hand unbuttoned the youngers pants. With his eyes watering, he didn't resist nor make a sound. Quickly closing his eyes to ignore the sight, his pants were dropped down to his ankles.

  The olders hands roamed his body until the sound of the other student leaving was heard. Removing his hands for just a few seconds, he was shoved down to the floor.

  He backed away, shaking his head. "S-stop."

-

  "Hey, where were you for lunch?" Maemi ran up to the quiet boy.

  "I'm sorry, I wasn't feeling up for it and hid in the bathroom." He confessed with a heavy heart. The girl looked up, respectfully bowing as Takiya greeted them.

  "Are you ready to head back?"

  Daiki let out a hum, biding farewell to his best friend before walking behind the older to his car.

  Not saying a word, Takiya thought of what to say when his phone began to ring.

  "Uh, yes mum." He answered, starting up the car. Slowly backing out of the parking lot, he placed his phone on the car phone holder. "You're in town?"

  "Yes, will you be back to your dorm soon? They won't let me in without a key card." The sweet women spoke on the other end.

  "Yeah, I am on my way now. Why didn't you tell me sooner? I could have come and got you. Is dad with you?"

  "No hun, your father wasn't feeling well so he stayed back. Drive safe, I'll see you soon!"

"Okay mum, see you soon."

"You and your mother are really close, huh?" Daiki suddenly questioned as the call ended. Messing with his fingers in his lap, the older did not fail to notice.

"Were you and your mother?"

He shook his head. "She used to nag me a lot as a kid.. so not really. When I was nine years old she became bedridden and non-verbal. I've been the only one to make sure she eats and uses the restroom since."

Takiya only nodded, thankful yet unsure what to say at the newly learned information.

Soon after his car pulled into the lot, they were greeted by a short and cutely dressed women.

"Taki! How's my baby?"

"I'm good mum." He smiled, motioning to the shy younger who closed the passenger door. "Mum, this is Daiki. Daiki this is my mum."

"Hello." Daiki respectfully bowed as the women reached for his hand. "It's nice to meet you Daiki."

"Let's head upstairs."

-