LOVER'S TIFF

The next morning, Yoko woke up with a smile on her face. It's her birthday, and she's not going to school today. She intended on enjoying her day. She stared at the ceiling, planning some fun activities she had yet to experience, or maybe she should ask Wan and Marissa to hang out with her.

Her phone chimed, and she grinned when she read the text messages from her family and friends wishing her a happy birthday. What if she goes home and spends the day with her family? But Faye will look for her.

Sighing, Yoko sat up from the bed and started stretching. Then she remembered the events from last night. When she found out that Faye actually made time to be with her in Dream World, though they didn't get to see each other, Yoko appreciated the artist's thoughtfulness.

Getting ready to start her day, Yoko went to the washroom to freshen up. After a few minutes, she was on her way down to have some coffee. It's 9:30 a.m., and Faye must have left the house already.

But she was wrong. The writer could hear someone talking in the kitchen, and as she walked closer and closer, she could hear Faye's frustrated voice. She's on the phone, talking to someone.

"No. And if I decided to go, it wouldn't be because I wanted to see you."

Yoko cautiously stepped inside the kitchen, not wanting to startle Faye.

Another sigh came from the artist.

"Noom, I have nothing to do with you anymore. Haven't you just made your relationship public? So why are you calling me now?"

The writer couldn't help but eavesdrop, and she had a feeling Faye was talking to her ex-fiancée, and it seemed like Faye wasn't happy about hearing from the woman who cheated on her.

"Your ring? It's in the trash. I already threw it away." Faye heard a clacking of cups by the cupboards, tilting her head. She saw Yoko holding one as the girl gave her an awkward smile.

"Good morning." Yoko mouthed.

Faye was listening intently to whatever her ex was saying on the other line, but each time, her frown deepened as she got a lot more agitated.

"Huh, beats me. So you're allowed to cheat and date someone else, and I'm not allowed to look for someone else? Why do you even care?" Faye chuckled bitterly. "I'm not giving you the ring because, like I said, I already threw it away. I'm happy with my relationship now."

Biting her lower lip, the writer felt like she was intruding on the ex-couple's private conversation if only the coffee maker could speed up brewing the coffee. She also felt bad seeing Faye so upset.

"I don't care if you're here in Thailand. It's not like I own the country; you can stay here as long as you want, but stop bothering me anymore. Be happy with your life."

Scratching her forehead in frustration, she said, "Fine, show up to the event. I don't really care, and if you ever see me there, please stay away. Goodbye, Noom."

Letting out another sigh, Faye turned to face Yoko. "Morning."

"G-good morning." She stuttered, "Would you like some coffee?" She offered shyly.

"Sure, thanks. Be right back," Faye answered quietly, and then she was gone.

Finally, the coffee was ready, and she poured it into both their cups. She sat down on a bar stool by the island counter, taking a sip of her freshly brewed coffee. Yoko looked around the area, but she couldn't see Faye; she must've gone upstairs.

A few minutes passed until Faye returned to the kitchen with a blue velvet box in one hand and a card in the other.

The artist went straight to the trash bin, chucking the small box into it. Did she just throw a diamond engagement ring in the bin?