[4] ⟹ Aftermath

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐇

꧁꧂

A few long nights after the incident, the house shortly became abandoned and multiple rumors were going on in the neighborhood that Renee's parents had a nasty divorce, tore up their own home, and ran away, while their children just moved on with their lives. There were other rumors, but they wouldn't know until Yuki returned to the Rodriguez home and found it in complete ruins. Worried, the young woman went inside the home just to find nothing but maggots and rodents eating the corpses of Renee's parents and brothers. Yuki's eyes widened in horror as she scanned the entire scene, her heart dropping at the sight of her crush, Cassius, getting eaten by multiple small animals, rodents, and bugs.

Yuki lets out a terrified scream and runs towards the corpse before aggressively swaying her arms around the animals, which makes them run away, and quickly picks up Cassius' ruined body that was filled up with bugs and holds him closely to her chest. Her warm tears landed on his forehead as she slowly caressed the corpse's face.

"Cassius... Please... How did this happen.."

She asked herself before scanning the room nervously. The bodies were torn apart so badly that they looked a bit unrecognizable, but Yuki was able to tell who was who. Yuki noticed that everyone was dead except for Renee. Confused, Yuki slowly lets go of Cassius' corpse before walking around the ruined home, looking for Renee, but she couldn't. She went upstairs, but she still couldn't find her. "This is weird... she had to have run away, right?" Yuki thought to herself before returning downstairs with a bitter and sad look on her face. She turned around to scan the scene again before eventually leaving and went to call out for help.

Many of the neighbors approached the abandoned house filled with nothing but dirt, bugs, animals, and corpses. The people were shocked and afraid at the fact that their new foreign neighbors were all dead and they had only just gotten to Japan. Many of the neighbors decided to search for Renee while the others cleaned up the house's surroundings and buried the corpses. Today was a really sad and disturbing day for Renee's neighbors.

Renee, now known as "Rumi" was a demon. Her lovely brown hair was now magenta and her skin was pale. She knelt before the Demon King himself: Muzan Kibutsuji. The demon king grips her chin tightly while staring down at her with a cold glare as if he is angry at the sight of her alone. Akaza was also there, sitting there quietly like an obedient dog. There was also another demon present, a female demon at that. She was by Muzan's side and had yellow and green hair. Her eyes were beautiful... but cold.

"Raise your head."

The Demon King ordered, his voice loud and stern. Rumi slowly raises her head and looks at the Demon King in the eyes. His eyes were quite alluring to look at from her perspective... but they were cold. The demon girl beside him instantly noticed how Rumi was looking at him, which made her face scrunch up in jealousy.

"Why are you looking at him like that?! You filthy harlot, you have no—"

"Ayaka, not now."

The Demon King quickly interrupted her, his voice barely soft towards the demon girl. He looked back at Rumi with a cold glare.

"I know your family knows about the Blue Spider Lily. So... where is it? And don't lie to me, Rumi."

He crosses his arms, looking at her impatiently. Rumi frowned sadly, not knowing what the hell to tell this so-called "Demon King". After she was turned, she was knocked unconscious and was taken here by Akaza. After a few minutes, Muzan was growing angry. He slowly raises his hand as if he was about to behead her.

"You disappoint me again, Akaza. This was completely useless. Any last words, girl?"

Muzan coldly asked Rumi, now having a strong intent to kill Rumi. Akaza nodded at Muzan's words. As much as he wanted to convince him that Rumi indeed knew about the blue spider lily, he couldn't. And didn't.

Rumi noticed Muzan's intent to kill thanks to his scary and powerful aura, his strength, and his glare. He was serious. The demon girl next to him smirked slightly and her jealous expression completely wore off. She was satisfied that Rumi was about to die. Rumi finally speaks up, her voice sounding panicky and concerned.

"W-Wait, please! I know where the blue spider lily is! I know... please... just don't kill me!"

She pleads. It was a lie. Of course, she didn't know much about the blue spider lily, but she had seen it multiple times before moving to Japan. The demon girl by Muzan's side lets out a loud scoff as if she doesn't believe Rumi. Not one bit.

"Lord Muzan, I believe this girl is lying. Just look at her! She's only saying that because you're about to kill her. Pathetic."

The demon girl laughed but Muzan kept his eyes on Rumi as if he believed her. The Demon King lets out a sigh as his hand returns to his side, shocking the demon girl next to him.

"L-Lord Muzan?! You're not actually believing her words, are you??"

"Shut it, Ayaka."

The demon girl sounded panicked, but Muzan wasn't having it. He had been searching for the blue spider lily for almost a millennia, and he was impatient. He might as well spare her... she could be useful.

end of chapter 04