[9] ⟹ Control

TW!: violence, blood

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

〡 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐋〡

꧁꧂

There Rumi's lifeless body was—on the wet ground, covered in blood. As she lay there, it began to rain heavily, which made her feel even worse about her current life as a demon. There was no hope for her, no escape, no anything. The more she thinks about it, the more she wants her family back. She did nothing wrong, did she? She's completely innocent here. She doesn't even know what a blue spider lily is.

But then a thought came to mind. Her eyes brightened as she realized something—something that would make Muzan angry, but it would make her happy.

She decided to run away.

After regenerating slowly, she gets back on her feet before using her new and improved speed to run further and further away from the area where the Demon Slayers were. She felt slightly bad for leaving Akaza on his own, but she quickly brushed it off, her thoughts demanding her not to care about him. A part of her felt somewhat attracted to the striped demon and the other part of her hated him. Why is she feeling this way?

Suddenly, Muzan appears right in front of her.

Letting out a high-pitched squeal, she froze on the spot and before she could react, Muzan grabbed her by the throat, lifting the tiny demon girl off the ground. His piercing cold red eyes stared into her green ones. It was then that Muzan realized that she had broken out of his control. He couldn't read her mind, or anything like that. He couldn't control her anymore. Out of anger, Muzan's nails dug into her frail neck, making it bleed uncontrollably.

"What did you do?!" He asked, enraged at her. "You traitor...I thought you would be useful to me.."

"L-Let me go!" She whimpered while tearing up from the pain.

As Muzan was about to kill her right then and there, Rumi decided to at least do something to save herself. She had to do something, but what? As Muzan watched her squirm and whimper in pain, it brought an arrogant smirk to his face as his grip tightened, making the pain even worse for her to handle. Her whimpers turn into winces as she struggles to breathe and move. She even tried to raise her hands to activate her Blood Demon Art, but there was no use. Not only was she trapped but—

She was just too weak.

But something did happen eventually. Small grass strands begin to cling onto Muzan's legs, trying to keep him completely still, however, it doesn't work on the Demon King. He snatched his legs away before finally letting go of her neck, which made Rumi fall hard to the ground.