telling someone- darius

Day of meet up-

"Alright man, you ready to go?" Kenji turned and asked his younger 'brother'. "Yeah.. " Darius responded softly. He hadn't even turned around to look at Kenji. He was just staring at the ground. This raised curiosity in the older boy.

"Hey.. you Alright?" Kenji placed a hand on the younger's shoulder. He got no wrods in return, just a small nod and hum from Darius. Kenji sighed, "Dude, I'm serious. What's wrong?"

Darius glanced at the older boy at his side, and his face started to flush. "I don't wanna see Ben." 

Kenji's eyes widen. "What do you mean you don't want to see BEN?" there was shock and confusion in his voice. "Isn't he like- your best friend? You guys, talk everyday!"

Darius sat quietly. "Exactly. We're friends. But I..." he hesitated, wondering if telling Kenji this was the right thing. "I want to be more than friends with him, Kenj."

"I love Ben."

Kenji had no reaction. He stood there calmly and smiled. "I know." Darius's eyes widened. "WHAT" Kenji chuckled. "You're kinda obvious. Well.. Brooklyn suspected it first because of how determined you were to make sure he was okay and all of your moments where you slightly touch him."

Darius's face flushed. He walked slowly to his bed and lay down on it. He buried his face into his pillows and yelled. Kenji just laughed.

An alarm went off on Darius's phone. It read "meet up at the boat". Kenji smacked Darius softly in the back of his head and told him, "Hurry up, nerd, let's go find your boyfriend."

Darius sat up from his bed, picked up a pillow, and threw it at Kenji's face. "He's not my boyfriend!" Darius exclaimed. Kenji smirked. "Not yet..." kenji teased.

"Shut up." Darius mumbled. "Get your stuff. Let's go to the boat." Kenji huffed. "Finnnnee.." he whined.

"My only onnee,"  Kenji's phone practically screamed from his pocket. Kenji blushed, "give me a sec.." he said embarrassed.

He answered the call and smiled, "Hey B! What's up?"

"Are you two almost here?" she asked, Kenji could hear the voices of others in the background. Most likely the other campers.

"Uhmm... Yea! Js a couple minutes out." He glanced at Darius with nervous eyes and signaled for him to go start the car.

"Really?" she questioned.

"Mhm!" He hummed nervously

"You guys are still at Mrs. Bowman's? Aren't ya." Brooklyn asked, already knowing the answer.

"Oh, you know we're right around the corner. See you soon. Love you! Bye!" He was quick to end the call. He'd rather not get scolded by his girlfriend right now.

He grabbed the suit cases and ran down to the garage with Darius . They shoved everything inside the car and immediately got on the road.

A/N:
sorry this chapter is so short 😭