{𝐓𝐖𝐎} "𝐓𝐮𝐭𝐨𝐫"

Hannah Blanchard

I groan, turning my chair in 180 degrees to face Joy. I would've thought they all would stay in their territory and not bother the youngsters?

"She wanna see you.." Joy leans against the doorframe, crossing her arms in discomfort after pointing at the familiar silhouette, Celine basically uninvitedly enters my room. Oh, absolutely not.

My heart instantly drops.

"What?" I hastily stand up from my chair, pushing it aside as I walk up to Celine with a confident stride.

"You cannot just barge right into my room..-" My finger points directly at her, expecting some kind of snarky reply or excuse. "This is literally an invasion of privacy!" Joy adds on, waving her arms in the air.

"Quit it with the stupid excuses." Celine asserts, her eyes darting around in my room. Halting at an unfinished painting in the corner. "You know exactly why I am here, Hannah. Don't play dumb."

I let out a scoff, leaning against the closet next to me for support. "Ohhh, right!" I give off an obviously fake smile and shake my head. "You're my tutor? How could I forget!" I let my hands clap together in a slow rhythm.

"Well? If that's all you need to clarify, you can gladly leave again." My expression fades as I speak, clearly not pleased with her presence.

Celine lets out a sarcastic chuckle, walking up to the corner in which the painting lies.

"You know what, I think I'll let you two deal with this..-" Joy nods, slowly backing out from my room and slamming the door closed behind her.

I stand still, unfazed.

"You draw?" Celine's voice calls out, squatting down to take a better look of my drawings. There's a relatively athletic female figure sketched out on the canvas, lined lightly traced and guided ones still visible.

Only the torso and hips is visible, the rest purposefully not finished drawn. A well defined back view of the figure would be a good description of it.

"When I'm bored," I mumble, walking in front of Celine and grabbing the canvas with both hands. I turn the wooden frame around, making it face the wall.

She scoffs, standing upright again and dusting her shoulder off.

"Bet you can't draw me." Celine dares, confidently crossing her arms and pushing her chest out.

I shake my head, furrowing my brows a little. "You wish." My nose twitches as I walk right past her, the fumes of her perfume filling my nostrils. What an expensive shit she's wearing.

"What, can't take a challenge?" She narrows her eyes, clearly trying to provoke a reaction out of me.

I shrug, shaking my head. "Don't feel like it." My tone is oddly sarcastic, I'm sure she knows I'm just playing with her.

She rolls her eyes and leans against my desk, provocatively crossing her legs. She examines my room again, looking outside of the window for a good second or two. My dorm is on the first floor, not high off the ground.

"You're so fucking lucky," Celine breaks the silence, leaning over my desk to come closer in contact with the window. "You could literally just walk right out of the window after curfew."

She looks down onto the ground, clicking her tongue. "Parents pay for the good room, or what?" Celine asks as she opens the window, almost leaning outside.

My eyes trail down her figure, lingering on her lower back, quickly breaking the gaze and looking away at the turned around canvas laying on the ground.