-Chapter 3 / Racked And Wrecked-

UF Camp – Sergeant Stunder POV

I groaned at slumped back against the chair. The human managed to evade capture, and the last sighting only saw him headed towards the highway, no knowing which way though. "Sergeant Stunter, you're being requested in Briefing." I looked up to see a messenger at my tent door. I sighed and nodded my head. The messenger nodded his head and left. I looked out the plastic window and saw a group of anthro and human children playing a friendly game of soccer. I smiled as I watched a wolf anthro help a human girl to her feet. "At least some are still able to have fun." I stood and started towards the tent door.

Stepping out, I saw a group of human survivors sitting down around a small fire eating MREs. A few anthro soldiers joined them and two of them started laughing, one seemingly telling a joke to the other. Walking past, I saw an anthro jaguar helping a human who'd had his leg amputated. The kindness was all around, yet some humans still ran from us, in fear. The HHH had inspired fear in the hearts of human survivors, leading to combat situations like the one that human paramedic had started. The words he said to me, to us after nearly running us over had remained burned in my mind. 'Many humans think we haven't changed our ways since the first days of the invasion.'

The painful memory of that poor human child jumping off the building before I could save him, all because of fear. I rubbed my eyes and looked up to see I'd finally arrived at the Briefing Tent. Stepping inside, I found the rest of the crew already present.

Loading files...files loaded; Uploading...

Name: Mary Stunder

Rank: Sergeant

Age: 29

Bio: Raised after the beginning of the human and anthro war, she had mixed feelings about humans. Upon her first attack with humans, she was in the second wave attacking Los Angeles, US. She realized that humans were more afraid of them, driving them to fight back. She believes that humans deserve to be saved.

(Link for image➡️)

Name: Juan Bringer

Rank: Lieutenant

Age: 35

Bio: [NOT FOUND/ERROR 404]

(Link for image➡️)

Name: Bethany Crougar

Rank: Master (sharpshooter)

Age: 23

Bio: [NOT FOUND/ERROR 404]

(Link for image➡️)

Name: Lina Nex

Rank: Corporal

Age: 30

Bio: [NOT FOUND/ERROR 404]

(Link for image➡️)

Files loaded...closing secure [CLASSIFIED]

I sat down in my chair and faced the Commander, a map, along with drone footage, was displayed on the whiteboard. "Thank you for joining us Sergeant Stunder, listen up Bravo Team, during the pursuit of the ambulance, one of the officers managed to shoot a tracker dart onto the ambulance before being wrecked. The tracker has been indicating movement for more than eighty miles. Your objective is simple, catch up and detain the human." 'Really? They had a briefing to tell us that much? What a waste of time.'

"Your vehicle will be an armored humvee, along with a mounted gun and long-range fuel supply. Additional fuel can be airdropped if necessary. You leave in four hours. Dismissed." I stood up and followed the rest of the team out. Suddenly, a hand clamped down on my shoulder. "So guys! Up for a round of shots before we gotta leave?" I shoved Juan's hand off. "Nope, gotta stay focused for the mission." Juan sighed in mock defeat and walked off, Beth and Lina walked up to me and we walked toward the shooting range. "Honestly, Juan needs to stop flirting while on-duty." "I know, and he does it with all of us like, really dude?" "Ugh, can't wait till this deployment ends." We arrived at the shooting range and I grabbed my normal M4. "So how easy do you think the human will be to nab?"

I shrugged. "Dunno, but based off the dash cam footage from law enforcement, he looks pretty skilled. It's kinda weird that he didn't try to run us over, and instead of just plowing through pedestrians and whatnot he actually used evasive maneuvers to get around safely, maybe the human doesn't think we're all evil?" Beth scoffed. "Pffff, probably only did that as not to damage his ambulance, did you see that thing? Looked like it was thirty years old." Lina and I laughed. We walked towards the shootings stalls and I slid a fresh magazine in. "Welp, I guess we'll see." I took aim and fired.

AN: Welp, the image uploader WAS working, and now it's not. Damit Wattpad! Why you gotta be so confusing!