THE RAIN (CH-10)

The next day, as the group gathered for their usual lunch break, they found themselves drawn into a conversation about the upcoming Spring Fest. Sunoo's suggestion about starting a rock band still lingered in their minds, and they couldn't help but feel excited about the prospect.

"I've been thinking," Jungwon said, taking a sip of his drink. "What if we each write a song and then perform them together as a band?"

The idea sparked immediate interest among the group. "That could be really cool," Jay said, nodding. "We could showcase our individual styles and talents."

"I like it," Sunghoon chimed in. "It would give us a chance to express ourselves creatively and bond as a group."

Ni-ki grinned. "And imagine the reaction from the audience when they see us up there, rocking out together!"

Heeseung listened to their discussion, a sense of excitement building within him. Despite his reservations about performing, the idea of writing a song intrigued him. It would be a way for him to reconnect with music in a way that felt comfortable and meaningful.

As the conversation continued, Heeseung found himself opening up to the idea of participating in the Spring Fest after all. With the support of his friends, he felt more confident about sharing his music with others, even if it was in a different way than before.

By the end of lunch, they had already started brainstorming ideas for their songs, each member contributing their own unique perspective and style. As they walked back to class, Heeseung felt a renewed sense of purpose and excitement.

The days that followed were filled with rehearsals, songwriting sessions, and plenty of laughter and camaraderie. They poured their hearts and souls into their music, each song reflecting their personal experiences and emotions.

In the evening, Heeseung and sunoo decided to go to the library. The library was bathed in the soft glow of evening sunlight, the hum of students studying providing a soothing background melody. Heeseung sat at a table near the window, his focus intent on the textbook in front of him. Sunoo sat opposite him, lost in the music playing through his earphones, his expression serene as he tapped his foot to the rhythm.

Suddenly, the sky darkened, and the gentle patter of rain against the window turned into a torrential downpour. Heeseung glanced up, his heart skipping a beat at the sudden change in weather. The sound of rain pounding against the roof filled the library, drowning out all other noise.

As the rain intensified, Heeseung felt a wave of panic wash over him. His breath quickened, and his chest tightened with fear. The sound of rain triggered memories of a traumatic event from his past, and he struggled to keep his emotions in check.

Sunoo noticed the change in Heeseung's demeanor and quickly removed his earphones, concern etched on his face. "Heeseung, are you okay?" he asked, his voice soft and soothing.

Heeseung shook his head, unable to form words as panic gripped him tightly. Sunoo reached across the table, placing a comforting hand on Heeseung's trembling arm. "It's okay, Heeseung," he said gently. "I'm here. You're safe."

Sunoo removed his earphones and placed them in Heeseung's ears, the soothing melody filling Heeseung's senses and calming his racing heart. The music wrapped around him like a comforting embrace, easing the grip of panic that had held him captive.

Heeseung felt the warmth of Sunoo's touch seeping through his skin, grounding him in the present moment. As he looked into Sunoo's eyes, he saw nothing but genuine concern and compassion reflected back at him. In that moment, time seemed to stand still, the chaotic world around them fading into the background.