The Homecoming

This is it!

I, finally found my way in.

Looking back, I saw a bubble-like, liquid-like something...a transparent barrier to be exact that separates this dimension to where I came from.

I thought places like these exist only in fairy tales, but as it happens to me, I now believe they do.

I started walking to the place I discovered. With each step I took, a color appears. I mean, when I first enter this world, it has no color at all. But as soon as I walk, colors began appearing, and so are different creatures and trees and flowers and everything. I feel like I'm inside a rainbow. With this kind of spectrum of colors, I wouldn't be surprised if I am.

Wow! This place is, indeed, magical! It's as if this was created just for me.

"Welcome to Paraiso." A beautiful fairy greeted me. She wears clothes made of red petals of flowers. She has ruby red hair and wings and eyes. She's a screaming-red-creature made perfect.

She smiled kindly at my open-mouthed reaction. "I'm Red, the creator of everything red here, and I am the head of your welcoming committee Your Majesty." She added as I look at the things she pointed.

"Well, obviously, you are red and so are these things," I said lamely. I don't know what else to say, so I settled with saying the obvious. Then I asked, "Where am I?"

"You are here in Paraiso. I already mentioned it while welcoming you."

"I heard you first time...I mean, what place is this? Are we still on earth...or am I in heaven?" I don't think this is heaven though, for I see no angels here. And where are St. Peter and his pet rooster?

"We're in Paraiso. That's all I can say. And you're our queen." Red bowed and flew away.

"Queen??? Wait!" I ran after her but she's already soaring high up in the sky.

"Your Majesty, Queen Carmella, welcome to Paraiso! I'm very honored to be your majestic guard. Orange is my name." A bowing, handsome knight appeared out of nowhere. He's wearing breastplate, helmet and armors of his namesake, orange. Even his sword is orange. And his eyes and hair are orange too, of course.

"Okay...so am I right to assume that all orange things here were created by you?"

"Yes Queen Carmella. But it's you who gave us that power. That's why you're our queen."

Me? Queen? Power to create colors? Are these creatures crazy or what? It doesn't make any sense. But I chose not to say it loudly because I might offend my orange escort and I don't know what he'll do if my words hurt him. Well, that sword looks sharp and I don't want to be beheaded by a good-looking knight in orangey armor. So I just asked him who I'm going to meet next. Instead of answering me, Orange summoned an orange unicorn and an orange horse.

"Come with me Queen Carmella and I'll bring you to your palace." With that, he carried me - yes, literally carried me - to ride the unicorn. He rode the horse on the other hand.

"Um...where will I hold? Can I grab its horn?"

"Oh no, don't do that! Unicorns are proud, dignified creatures. Just relax and put your hands anywhere except the horn."

"Really?"

"Really My Queen."

"Prrrhh...proud, dignified creatures...and what am I and other horses are? Less proud, less dignified? I think that's absurd, and unfair." The horse said. Wait! What?

"Orange, I think the horse has spoken."

"Of course it does my Queen. All creatures do."

"So it means this unicorn..." I haven't even finished my question when...

"Jealous much huh, horsey? You're kinda common, I'm rare. Accept it." The unicorn replied. I almost hold his horn when I heard its deep voice. "Well, My Lady, if you are so adamant at holding my horn then feel free to do so. You are the queen anyway." Did it read my thought? But I obliged nonetheless. I hold onto its horn, it felt good and I felt safe.

After 30 minutes we reached the palace. Actually, we could have just walk in here and it wouldn't even take us 5 minutes to do so. The ride took us so long because the horse and the unicorn kept on bantering and they galloped like we're having a walk on the park. I didn't complain though. Hearing the petty quarrel of the two did amuse me. Even Orange joined their talks.

Then...