The Palace

My palace!

Just like I've imagined, my palace is grandeur at its best! It looks exactly how I want my home to be - a humongous gingerbread house! Frostings and icings and candies and everything sweet adorned my majestic abode.

I bid my farewell to Oreo the horse and Onni the unicorn. I told them to try to be friends with each other. They said they are good friends and discussions such as the one I heard are just a form of freedom of expression. Orange excused himself and brought the two in their stables. He will be joining me in a few minutes, he said.

As I wait for Orange, I glance around the palace ground. There in the gardens are all the imaginable and unimaginable flowers and trees and birds and insects are. Fruit bearing trees are a sight to behold as they hold gold and silver fruits. Are those edible?

The paths are made of shining gold and silver stones.

I continue to walk towards the front door but decided to wait for Orange and observe the wonderful surroundings. The colors bring an unspeakable delight in my heart.

But as if the doors have a mind of their own, they opened.

"Welcome Queen Carmella, I'm..."

"Yellow?"

She smiled timidly and gave a tiny nod.

"Yes, My Queen...I am Yellow, one of your two dames."

"And I'm the other one Your Majesty...I think you already know my name."

"Nice to meet you Green." Then the two dames ushered me inside. We sat in the sitting room and waited for Orange. While waiting, Yellow massage my foot and Green massage my head. Yellow and Green are equally pretty and charming. Yellow has, of course, yellow eyes and long hair, and is wearing a yellow cocktail dress and a yellow glass shoes. She's wearing a yellow flower crown. Green, on the other hand, has everything green.

The walls inside the palace are candy-coated. I promised myself that when no one is around I will smell the walls and taste them.

When Orange arrived, I thought I saw Green blushes a little. Then she showed me to my room located upstairs. The stairs are made of chocolate cookies and it amazed me that they didn't crack a bit while stepping on them. Orange followed us but stayed outside my bedroom. He is my majestic guard, after all.

"Queen Carmella, I'm going down to the kitchen to supervise the cook...I mean, the cooking." And Yellow went down after that.

I went to my room and I nearly cry in awe. This is a dream come true. My room is all-black...just the way I wanted it to be...black...solemn, calming...black.

After a few minutes of rest in my bedroom, I decided to have a look in the kitchen. As expected, Orange is patiently waiting outside sitting on a two-seater couch with Green.

"Oh...Your Majesty...My Queen..."

"It's fine Green. You can just stay here with Orange. I'm going to the kitchen to see how Yellow is doing."

After Orange told me how to get into the kitchen, I left the two behind, despite insisting to accompany me. Well, queen as I may be with a need of a dame and a guard, I don't want to interrupt their budding romance.

So off I went to the kitchen and after a few wrong turns, I finally reached it. I hid behind a wall when I saw Yellow and Blue, I supposed...he has blue everything and is wearing blue chef's clothes. I don't know what those are called so I might as well settled with chef's clothes. The two are having a sweet talk and their face are almost touching each other. Then I announced my presence by clearing my throat. Am I cruel to stop whatever they're about to do? I have to act innocently as if I didn't have a clue.

"So this is the kitchen, where all the hustle and bustle of cooking is done." I blurted out stupidly.

"M-madam! M-my Lady...Queen Caramel...Carmella! Oh...we're j-just..." Yellow said nervously.

"My Queen, I'm humbled by your presence! I am Blue, the Royal Cook." Interesting...a cook who created all that is blue in Paraiso. It seems this place treats everybody as equal; a far cry from my world where discrimination is normal.

"Did I disturb you two?" I teased Yellow.

"No, My Queen...you're just in time to see how Blue cooks...and..." Yellow said looking down at her feet, ashamed that I saw them about to kiss.

"It's okay Yellow. I just want to see the kitchen and to meet Blue. I think I want to go to the gardens."

"So you've met Indigo My Queen? Well, I guess I have to cook now so after your visit outside we will have our lunch ready."

"I don't know who Indigo is. I have yet to meet him. Who is he?"

"He is the Royal Gardener, My Queen. Maybe he's in the backyard when you came."

"I'm going to leave you now and look for Indigo then."

When I reached the living room, no one is there. I went to the nearest wall and smelled it. Hmmm...smells sweet...might as well taste it. But I decided against it because it might be poisonous. I'll just ask Indigo about it later.