Interval 1

"Mal, I..." 

"Ben, I..." Both teenagers began at the same time, pausing as soon as they realised that the other was talking. 

A few minutes passed in silence,  both staring at each other, unsure of what to say next.

"Um, I think I should start." Mal suggested. "What you saw there wasn't fake, dating you was originally a ploy to get to the wand, but I hope you can see that I have no intention with going through with it, now that my friends know that I am completely against taking over Auradon. And that my mother doesn't care either."

"Mal. I... I never thought you were evil, not for a minute and what I've seen so far only proves that I was right. You aren't your parents and somehow your parents aren't your parents either, at least not the way we thought they were. I don't have right to be upset about the love potion, even if I want to be, considering I've been lying to you for about a month now. The lake washed it away when I went for that swim. I heard you singing and realised that I wanted to help you to answer all of those questions that you asked. I'm not sure why I didn't tell you I knew when it was enchanted away. I guess I was just scared that if I told you, you wouldn't ever talk to me again, much less be my girlfriend. Honestly, I think I was just a little bit more desperate to keep you in my life before you disappeared completely with the anti-love potion." 

"Oh, Ben. You should know that I would never want to hurt you, and I think a part of me already knew that it wasn't working anymore, I just didn't want to let you, this, us, go. But I guess you weren't lying. And I'm sorry about lying about my family, but on the Isle, the more attachment you show to someone, the easier it is to be used against you. I think it's time for me to realise that this isn't the Isle anymore; but I don't want to tell anyone about my family just yet, it'll probably be revealed soon anyway." 

Ben smiled at her, the action saying more than anything he could have string together. The two embraced tightly, and began to lean in...

KNOCK 

KNOCK

KNOCK

"Hey Mally, Beast Junior. You done in there now? Some of us would like to get back to uncovering the lives of you people." 

'Of course Hayden interrupted.' Ben thought miserably as Mal sprang away from him and pulled open the door to Hades Junior. Mal gestured to Ben and the three walked back to their seats, Ben opting to sit with Mal, along with his siblings and his friends. 

Meanwhile:

After watching the door close behind the two blushing teenagers, the rest of the room erupted. The Empress had magicked tables upon tables of food for the viewers. 

The teenagers gathered in one corner, waiting for Ben and Mal to emerge. 

"Evie." Jay called on her. "Do you know who Mal's father is?"  The Hades children glanced nervously between themselves. 

Evie nodded, "But I only know because I accidentally caught her and forced her to tell me the truth, otherwise I doubt she would have told me."

"Why wouldn't she tell us as well then?" Carlos asked, still slightly hurt. 

"Her father warned her against it." Maleficent piped up, having been stood nearby. "He told her that if she wanted to reduce the risk of it being used against her, she shouldn't let anyone know. He was furious when Evie found out, as he thought she'd tell her mother, who would in turn tell the Isle. We were lucky that Evie knew to stay quiet."

"Is Mal's father's identity that embarrassing?" Raelynn asked. 

"Not embarrassing child. The quite opposite in fact. It would be dangerous for the knowledge to be out there. Mal, and her siblings, are far from normal. And not just because they're Fae."

"That's another thing. Mal's siblings?" Lucy asked.

"All in due time children." The Empress interrupted. "Would one of you mind fetching Ben and Mal? I think we're ready to start."

"I'll go!" Hayden volunteered, a smirk on his face.

Maleficent glanced at her only son. "Don't do anything stupid Hayden." She warned. 

Hayden rolled his eyes. "Yes mum." He muttered under his breath. Maleficent, having heard the whisper sat down with the ghost of a smile on her lips.