IMPORTANT

Hi everyone! Long time no see, huh?

I haven't updated 'Candy Land' in, let's see, a year and nine months! Goodness gracious... Originally, I stopped writing for it because I honestly didn't know where to take the story, and I was entering junior year of high school.

Now that I'm only 3 weeks from graduating high school in general, it feels crazy that so much time has passed by.

For all the loyal fans and readers of this book who were waiting for an update despite my incredibly long absence, thank you. It means a lot to me that even after so long, I still have people who genuinely enjoyed the silly story I made as a form of cheap entertainment for me.

And now, to the announcement that I'd like to make. It breaks my heart to say that I will be discontinuing this story, but hear me out.

Candy Land, as I look back on it, was made as a crackfic, originally. Throughout me writing it, I realized it had the potential to be so much more. To talk about difficult issues, to explore the sides of characters we don't normally see, and for there to be an actual polished storyline. This book's plot was a mess LOL, and would it be surprising to know that I genuinely made up most of the story as I wrote it? I had no clue what the ending would be, or how issues would be solved.

Thus, I'd like to announce that I'm turning Candy Land into something much more than it is right now. I plan on repolishing everything, fleshing out the characters more, and having there be an actual overarching plot to everything. But, there are things you must know:

1. Firstly, this rewrite will not be a reader-insert. The MC will have an actual name (that I've already thought of) and she'll have a definite personality and appearance

2. The rewrite will not include 'yandere', but instead be a mix of fantasy, romance, and psychological horror.

3. I plan on using the rewrite to talk about something that is very near and dear to my heart, mental health. I still plan on the story to have many jokes and have a light-hearted theme on the surface, but below that is a story that's so much more complex than what first meets the eye.

4. My biggest dream for this rewrite is to be able to turn it into an actual book, a visual novel, or even, a webtoon, one day. Basically, being able to actually publish this. Of course, I'm lacking in writing and drawing right now, but who knows? Maybe in a decade or so, you'll see my story on the front page of the webtoon app.

5. The rewrite will still involve the main candy characters that you love, albeit re-designed and with different names. There are some characters that I won't be including, and new characters that I add. Nothing is 100% definite yet, of course.

6. It'll take me a long time to finish this rewrite, but I finally realized that instead of writing for other people, I want to write for myself. So, if after reading everything, you still would like to read the rewrite, I'll be publishing it on here and Wattpad when I'm done (in a few years time)

P.S. if you want more candy! humans x reader content, the first draft of my (now discarded) rewrite up on Wattpad. Of course, I will be discontinuing that version as well, but please feel free to check it out if you want!

So, goodbye, everyone! ^__^ I'll still be updating my other story, This Villainess Does Not Care For Boys! from time to time, so feel free to check that one out instead! Thank you for all the support this time! It really means a lot to me <3 I wish the best for you all :D