Friends Again

So YoungJi ah, where were you during lunch? I waited for you at the usual timing but you're not there," Leo asked while they walked home.

"I had my lunch with my colleagues. They asked me eat lunch together. Sorry for not informing you," YoungJi lied but feeling apologetic.

"Nah, it's okay. But next time, tell me earlier okay," Leo said.

YoungJi nodded. Then, they went silence. In order to break the awkward silence, YoungJi said something,"Leo ah, about last night...can we pretend that nothing happened..?"

Leo stopped his tracks and turned to her. Knowing that, she stopped too and turned to face him.

"...You want to pretend nothing's happened..?...Oh..sure..I guess..If you want to..I don't mind actually..It's not big deal..," Leo faked a smile but sounded disappointed by her request.

"You're okay with it right?" YoungJi looked at him worriedly.

"Me not okay? Sheesh! I'm okay! I'm good...," He pretended to give a huge smile but then turned away, muttering the last two words with a sigh to avoid her notice his disappointment.

"Thank goodness. To tell you the truth, I was feeling kinda awkward around you since morning. Since we kinda sort this out, we can hang out as per normal," YoungJi went back to her joyful self.

Leo gave a small smile and muttered,"Yeah. Hang out as per normal.."

======

The next morning, YoungJi woke up early as she got somewhere to go. She prepared breakfast for herself and Leo. Leo who woke up a few minutes later, had showered and went straight to the breakfast table. He saw YoungJi setting the table and after that, preparing to eat her breakfast. Leo went to sat across her and grabbed 2 waffles from the plate. He then scanned her clothes while putting some honey on his waffles and asked,"Did you have somewhere to go today?"

"Yeap," YoungJi munched on her waffles.

"Oddiya? (Where to?)" Leo seemed interested.

"Going to the childcare. My mom needs help in taking care of the kids. Her staff had to apply leave at the last minute due to some family problems," YoungJi explained.

"Oh...," Leo briefly answered.

YoungJi then looked at her watch and quickly ate her breakfast fast. She then washed her plates and rushed out while saying goodbye to Leo. After she left, Leo sighed and said to himself,"I guess I need to forgo these tickets.."

He took out the themepark tickets that he had bought yesterday and put it on the table.

======

At the childcare centre,

"Noona, can you help me fold this paper? I want to make a crane," A little boy named Charles, asked for help.

"Come here. I'll teach how to fold it," YoungJi asked him to sit infront of her while she taught him the technics.

Meanwhile, she was being watched by someone from the window. He smiled at her patience and her love for the kids. As he watched her playing with the kids, he was called by someone.

"Leo ah, what are you doing here?" YoungJi's mom approached him as she was about to enter the room.

"Uh..I..was just looking..," Leo stuttered as he tried to find excuse.

"Just looking..?" Her mom looked to where her daughter was and smiled.

Leo noticed her mom was looking to where he was staring at and said,"But it's not what you think. I-"