Sanaa Lanthan x You

New Year's Kiss

"Bri, why are we here again? We could get caught!" You lowly exclaimed to your coworker as you both smoothly passed by security and tried to blend in with the fancy party goers at the venue

"Y/n! Calm down. I just want to meet a few celebs, network with some people, and welcome in a good new year!". Bri spoke as she tried not to draw attention to the two of you. You were originally just supposed to be a part of the host's production team for the evening. That all changed when your colleague got wind of an exclusive Black Hollywood New Year's party happening. She immediately ran to you with the details and after some arguing, convinced you to go along with her plan.

"Care for a complimentary dom pérignon, ladies?" A waiter asked as he approached you two with a tray of champagne.

"Dumb who?" Bri questioned in confusion. Brushing off your coworker and you politely answered the man.

"Excuse her, we would love a glass of dom pérignon. Thank you." You replied with a soft smile and nodding at Bri to go along. The waiter looks between the two of you awkwardly and decides to hand you a glass of champagne before walking away to attend to the other guests. Toasting to your friend and taking a sip of the spirit, humming in satisfaction at the taste.

"Girl, this is good!" Bri's eyes widened as she tasted her glass of champagne.

"And free!" You added as you clanked your glasses together. Bri pulled out her phone and began to take a video.

"Bri, what are you doing?" You asked while looking around for any watchful eyes and security.

"Getting proof that we really did this. Who you know made it to one of these parties, Y/n?!" Bri cried out as she switched the camera to face the two of you. Posing cutely for the camera as an instinct then quickly becoming stoic to act like you didn't violate the NDA that these types of parties most likely have.

"Well put it away before we get caught! I don't want no type of mess to pop off." Bri nodded in agreement and swiftly hid her camera back in her blazer. Both of you began to scan the scenery, taking notice of all the A-list black celebrities in attendance. Completely in awe that the two of you made it in without anyone noticing. You were thankful for how dimly lit the whole venue was and that the DJ was playing the music as loud as his speaker's allowed. As you looked on and pointed out your favorite celebs to Bri, you couldn't help the feeling of someone's eyes on you.

"You good?" Bri asked as she noticed your slight panicked look. You continued to look around trying to find the invasive gaze.

"Yeah, it just feels like someone's watching me." You replied as you looked over your shoulder.

"Y/n, now is not the time to be paranoid." Bri whined as she tugged on your sleeve.

"No, I'm serious. Let's just chill at the bar for a minute. I need something stronger than this." You said as you discreetly led Bri through the crowd of celebrities. Finding the bar that was off to the side, away from the general crowd, you huffed as you sat down in an open seat.