L U N C H

"She's taking pictures in the mirror. Oh my god her skins so clear. Tell her brain that over here. You need a seat? I'll volunteer. Now she's smiling ear to ear."

As I step out of the locker room I hear the sweet sound of basketballs dribbling, shoes squeaking, and the swish of the net. I sit down in one of the courtside chairs to put my shoes on. Coach calls the team over and introduces me to them before letting me take over.

"Hey i'm Claire, most people call me CJ. Im 22, I'm a transfer from Alabama but I was born and raised in Michigan. And i'm super pumped to start with yall!" I say.

"Look at you go C. You ain't as shy as you were when you met me." An all too familiar voice states.

"P." I say as the biggest grin creeps onto my face before making the short walk over and pulling her into a hug. Paige and I have...history I guess? We got really close during the Youth Olympic Games and FIBA.

"Well let's get to work. I know CJ just got here and our game is this weekend but she hasn't stopped training since she was cleared. Nika, lead stretches please." Coach says as we all file onto the court

Paige pulls me along with her which was comforting because I didn't know the other girls like I do Paige. I mean i'm not scared to talk to people like I used to be but still.

We stretch then shoot around a bit before starting to scrimmage. The team captains were Paige and Aliyah. Paige picked me to be on her team along with Azzi, Nika, and KK.

Paige and I were known for our on-court chemistry. It was said to be like we could read each other's minds. We kind of could in a way. We know each other too well. We know what move each other will pull before the other even knows herself. It's tough to go against each other because we usually end up tying and giving up despite our hunger to always win.

Most of the team obviously had no idea just how good our chemistry was. Paige and I would make plays that made their jaw drop. Our team ended up winning.

"Alright. What kind of cloning is this?" KK asks as we huddle up to end practice.

"I told you guys. CJ and Paige are a power duo." Coach says

"Well yeah but we didn't think they'd be THAT powerful." Nika says

"What can we say? We haven't been named National Players of the year for nothin'." Paige says as she puts are arm around my shoulder and pulls me into her.

"Yeah yeah. All i'm gonna say now is whoever opposing players are on the court when you two are better pray." Coach says before telling us to break it up and head home.

"Hey do you want to come to mine and Azzi's room when we get back? We were thinking about just ordering pizza and watching a movie." Paige says as we walk out of the locker room with our bags.

"Yeah sure! I can ride with y'all, I just Ubered here cause I didn't feel like driving earlier." I say.

It doesn't take long to get back to the girls basketball house.

"Pizza is ordered. What movie should we watch?" Paige says.

"Hmm, how about My Girl?" I suggest. My Girl holds a special place in Paige and I's hearts. It was the only movie we watched when we played together.

"Trip down memory lane?" Paige reply's before clicking on her Netflix profile.

Azzi opens the door and pays the delivery guy before bringing the pizza into the paige's room since that's were we decided to go and sitting it on her bed ontop of a towel.

We ate our pizza and Azzi decided to go to bed because she could barely keep her eyes open.

"How you feeling about this weekend?" Paige asks from beside me

"I don't know. I'm excited but i'm also terrified. I don't want anything to happen again. I don't know that I could go through all that again." I say.

Last season was rough. I ended up dislocating my knee cap in a game and had to have a reconstructive surgery and a ligament and tendon reconstruction. PT was the most mentally and physically challenging thing i've ever done.

"I get what you mean. But I mean hey. If we go down, we goin down together." Paige says to lighten the mood.

"I have a good feeling about this season though. I don't know how to explain it but I can tell it's gonna be good. Natty or not." I say as a grin creeps on my face

"Nah we winning that natty." Paige says with full confidence

"If not this year, next year. Cmon we gotta finish strong for senior season." I say

"True true." She replies

liked by paigebueckers, azzi35, kamoreaarnold, bjones3, and 54k morenotcj6: I could be ya role model 💋

notcj6: I could be ya role model 💋

paigebueckers: mommy?
^notcj6: hi honey.

kamoreaarnold: OKAY BILLIE EILLISH!

azzi35: ocean eyes ?
^notcj6: 🌊

bjones3: Imy sissy
^notcj6: i miss you more b. i'll see you tomorrow tho! 💜

kay.jones: my girl 💙
^notcj6: momma 💜
^^paigebueckers: MAMA JONES!!!
^^^kay.jones: PAIGE!!!!

user2042: this is her and paige's comeback season. y'all ain't ready.
^user0183: obviously. have y'all not seen how good they were together when they played in highschool during FIBA and Youth Olympics!?

~Marie Spills the Tea~

WORD COUNT: 942

YUH

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! HAPPY READING LOVELYS!!!