B E J E W E L E D

"What's a girl gonna do? A diamonds gotta shine!"

liked by paigebueckers, bjones3, azzi35, kay.jones and 57k others
notcj6: see u tonight husky nation 💙🤍

paigebueckers: no pic credits?
^notcj6: mb 🙏🏻 pic credits go to p buckets

kamoreaarnold: the shades are serving

azzi35: OKAY OUTFIT

kay.jones: that's my girl 🥹
^notcj6: hi mama 😋

I'm currently in Paige and Azzi's hotel room getting ready for our season opener game at the XL Center against Dayton. I can even lie i'm more nervous than I was freshman year at Alabama. Tonight is also Military Appreciation Night.

I decided to go live on instagram while we got ready in the bathroom.

"Hi guys!" I say as people start to join the live.

Multiple people started to ask how we were feeling about the game.

"I'm hyped." Paige says

"I'm excited!" Azzi says

"I'm about 50/50. I'm nervous but i'm also really hyped" I say while applying my mascara. Mascara is the only makeup I do on game days.

"Do you wanna do my hair?" Paige asks from beside me?

"Your braids?" I ask. Paige and I had originated to her no signature hairstyle during the time we played together.

She shakes her head yes and I hop on the bathroom counter and have her stand between my legs.

I use a spray bottle to get her hair damp before parting it down the middle.

While braiding Paige's hair, Azzi reads off comments and questions to us.

A short 40 minutes later we are all ready to go and have our warm up kits on over our jerseys.

Paige drives as I sit in the passenger seat and KK and Azzi sit in the back. On the way to Gampel I take time to scroll on my phone in order to get myself out of my head.

Once we get to Gampel, Paige and I head to the training room so Paige and I can get our knees checked and so that I can tape mine.

Janelle checks me first so that I can tape my knee. She says that everything looks good so I reach over to the side where my bag is laying and pull out my ole faithful purple KT Tape.

"You're still rocking with the purple tape?" Paige asks from the exam table next to me.

"Of course. I could never forget about my old faithful." I say 

Soon enough Paige and I are both done and we make our way out of the training room and to the locker room to sit our bags down.

We then make our way to the court for warm ups. By now most of the fans have already gotten to their seats. The stadium erupts as Paige and I walk onto the court together. All we do is look at each other and smile.

"Just like the good old days." I say to her as we walk over to the side of the court where the rest of our team is. Paige and I are resting our arms on each others shoulders as we walk over to the team.

Eventually warm ups end and we all go back to the bench.

The starting 5 being Me, Paige, Nika, Aaliyah, and Azzi are all announced then we huddle up.

The game ended in us having a 44 point lead, 58-102.

Aaliyah racked up 23 points, Azzi with 13, Aubrey with 12, Qadence with 11, Nika and I with 10 each, and Paige with 8.

The energy in the XL Center and the Uconn Locker Room was nothing short of ecstatic.

One thing that I already knew Geno was gonna drill into us was keeping us from getting so many fouls. Paige was the only one tonight without any foul, and Aaliyah fouled out.

Paige and I's families are both here tonight so once we get done in the locker room we go back out to the court to meet them. Paige and I met eachothers families the first time we played together so it was really nothing new.

As soon as we are in the line of sight my little sister comes running up to me and jumps in my arms.

"Cc you did amazing!!" She says as I sit her back down on the ground.

"Thank you Bug. I'm glad you guys could make it!" I reply with the biggest grin on my face.

"Oh! And I made on the Varsity team!! I'm the only sophomore to be on both JV and Varsity now" She tells me as jumps up and down.

I'm talking to my parents when I feel a tap on my hip. I turn around to see Drew.

"Hey buddy! How have you been?" I say as I pick him up. Drew and I became very close in the years that Paige and I played together, really I'm close with her whole family.

I walk over to where the rest of Paige's family was to say hi and we all catch up before we say our goodbyes and file onto the bus.

I sit next to Paige and I can tell she's frustrated that she can't do more.

"P" I say

"Yeah?" She replies looking over at me.

"Don't beat yourself up alright? You played great tonight. I know it sucks that you can't do as much as you want and you're so anxious to just get out there a play. But you have got to let yourself rest and ease into or else you'll end up injuring yourself again. And God help us if you were to be out another season. I think i'd actually quit." I say

"You know... if hooping doesn't work out for you, you should really become a motivational speaker." She says playfully

"That's really all you gathered from my whole pep talk?" I say in a sassy tone

"Nah, I got it all. I just like to see you annoyed, it's funny." she says laughing

"Alright. I see how it is. If that's how you really feel then i'll go sit with Q." I say turning to get up before she wrap her arm around my waist and pulls me back down.

"I won't allow it. You're staying right here." Paige says "Go to sleep. We have about an hour long bus ride. It'll be about 1:30 when we get back." She adds before I lay my head on her shoulder and let sleep take over my body.

We are so back.

~Marie Spills the Tea~

WORD COUNT: 1114

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THIS CHAPTER LITERALLY TOOK FOREVER TO WRITE BUTTTTTT

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! HAPPY READING LOVELYS!!! <333