𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐎𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐄

━─━────༺༻────━─━

I looked back at her as I walked away. I could see her hair. It had grown a little. I don't even know how I can tell. Most people wouldn't. But I do. I see everything about Genevieve Mallory.

I was brought up by stories about Gryffindors and how they were a disgrace. At least that's what my father told me. My mother told me differently. She told me she was close friends with a Gryffindor when she was at Hogwarts. She made me believe that there was good in everyone. Then she died when I was ten. The year before my letter arrived. My father turned me back into the person I never wanted to be. If my mother was still here, maybe, just maybe, I would be better. 

"Bell's talking to Draco, so we can't go back to the carriage." Blaise said as I approached him. Pansy and Lorenzo were talking to some other Slytherins behind Blaise. I looked over his shoulder and my brows furrowed in confusion.

"Where's Mattheo?"

"He said he had to do something." He shrugged and looked over my shoulder. I don't know if he saw me talking to her, but I just know he is looking at her walking away. It would be bad if he did. It's Blaise, though. He is probably the only one who doesn't care who I associate with, pure-blood, slytherin or not. 

"Hey, Nott." Pansy leaned her chin on Blaise's shoulder and she scrunched her nose. I smiled and nodded my head in return. I turned my attention back to Blaise. 

"Will they take long?" I scratch my chin and run a hand through my hair. Blaise shrugs, again. 

"Ill go look for Matt." Pansy said as she pushed her chin off Blaise's shoulder. She walked around us and left.

──༺༻──

I sat between Mattheo and Lorenzo at the Slytherin table. I didn't bother listening to the sorting ceremony this year. It was the same thing every year. 

The ceremony ended and the feast started. I poked my fork at my sausage. I looked around to see if everyone else had lost their appetite. I was correct. Well, mostly correct. Mattheo was the only eating. I smiled. I was going to say something before I got interrupted by the grand doors opening. All of the heads in the hall turned towards the door. Draco walked in, stopping to see everyone looking at him. He looked around. He seemed mad, but he quickly walked over to the table, sitting down next to Mattheo. Tension filled the air, but I didn't know what from. I took a sharp breath and looked back at my food.

I was zoned out until a sudden movement snapped me out of it. I looked up aswell as the others to see Isabell stand up quickly and walking off with a fast pace. I looked at Enzo and we exchanged confused looks. I shrugged and turned my head away. Then I saw her. Again. She was talking to Hermione. Her straight brown hair tucked behind her ears. She laughed at something Hermione said and the corner of my mouth slightly tugged up. I shook my head and looked back at my plate. 

I have always slept around with a fair amount of girls during my years here. But there's never been a connection. Not like this. I don't know what it is, but my stomach has never done a somersault every time I look at anyone else. I feel sick. I push my plate to the side and lean my forehead against the wooden table, my hands in my hair. 

I groaned into the table.