004. No Rest for the Wicked

WILD & WICKED / © yllwjckts004 ⸻ No Rest for the Wicked

004 ⸻ No Rest for the Wicked

"You were born reaching for your mother's handsVictim of your father's plans to rule the worldToo afraid to step outsideParanoid and petrified of what you've heard"

Victim of your father's plans to rule the world
Too afraid to step outside
Paranoid and petrified of what you've heard"

— "Blue", Billie Eilish

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .*:☆゚. ───

August 18th, 1628East Lothain, Scotland

A scream danced atop Lux's tongue, a shout she could not emit no matter how hard she tried. Her vocal cords had long since gone raw, rubbed down to the bone with the shouting she'd attempted to project, only for them to come out in whispered howls, so quiet even those inches away from her would be unable to hear.

Even so, she would not go down without a fight.

"Please!" She cried, begged, yanked against the restraints holding her in place like a rabid animal they were preparing to put down. Her teeth, at this point in time, had not grown to the sharp points they now were, her skin not yet vulnerable to the sun and her harsh rays. No, Lux Erzsebet was prey in this scenario, the repeat of a memory that had played over and over in her mind, a record stuck on an endless loop.

She could never escape, not the dream nor the bonds that held her tight. Bonds that prevented her from bursting into flight, from running into the forest and never returning.

Little did she know at the time, monsters worse than the humans who snarled and jeered at her were located in that very forest, watching her with a keen curiosity, waiting to see her turn from human to beast, be rebirthed as she went from flames to ash to flesh once more.

The crowd grew larger as she was dragged along, those ropes digging into her hard enough to rub her skin raw, with the faintest trails of blood dripping down to the cobblestone she teetered upon.