Candanite Court Proceedings: Simon Schimbley VS Eldora

Presiding Judge: Honorable Magister Jeremiah Aelius The Grateful, of the Virtuous

Plaintiff: The City of Eldora

Defendant: Simon Schimbley, also known as Simon The Simple, of the Malevolent

Charges: Soul Bond Murder through the Destruction of a Candanite Stone

Plea: Not Guilty

Trevor was summoned from his studies, a mandate from the court requiring his presence to deliver a testimony. Upon learning of the unfolding events, Pete volunteered to stand before the court, ready to offer a corroborative statement and share his involvement in the incident.

Court Clerk: "All rise for the Honorable Magister Jeremiah Aelius."

Magister Aelius: "Thank you, Bonnie. As we commence today's proceedings, the court would like to acknowledge and thank the defendant for his punctuality and voluntary presence. It is noted that esteemed Virtuous Headmistress Malary Grove The Merciful, of Verdant Grove Academy is here, offering her support. Mr. Schimbley, it is quite remarkable to observe such a full assembly of Virtuous individuals gathered in your corner of the courtroom. The court duly recognizes the support you have garnered from our benevolent community members."

Simon responded with a resolute nod and a gentle smile. Beside him, Malary reached out, encircling him with a comforting embrace and brushing away a tear from her cheek—a gesture reminiscent of the support her father had extended to Simon's mother in her own time of trial years before.

Magister Aelius: "The court also extends its gratitude to Peter the Provider, a respected and esteemed member of our community. Your willingness to offer support and deliver a statement, despite the considerable distance you've traveled to join us. We recognize the sacrifice made in terms of the time away from your business, and for that, we are show high regard for your sir."

Pete rose amidst the sea of Virtuous onlookers, offering a nod and a warm smile to the Judge. In response, Simon turned and extended a friendly wave in his direction.

Magister Aelius: "Our court is in session. We convene today to address the grave matter of the first recorded destruction of a Candanite stone involving Verdant Grove student Simon Schimbley. Let the record show that the defendant pleads not guilty. We shall now proceed with the hearing. Counsel for the City of Eldora, present your opening statement."

Prosecutor: "Your Honor, the City of Eldora stands before you today to present the case against Simon Schimbley. While we acknowledge the unusual nature of this incident, the destruction of a Candanite stone is unprecedented and carries significant implications. We intend to demonstrate the gravity of this event and seek a just resolution."

Defense Attorney: "Your Honor, my client, Simon Schimbley, experienced an involuntary reaction while unconscious, leading to the accidental destruction of the Candanite stone This act was not intentional, and Simon had no control over the events that transpired while in deep slumber. We request the court's understanding and leniency in this extraordinary situation."

Magister Aelius: "The court acknowledges the defense's position. We will now hear testimonies and examine the evidence. Prosecutor, call your first witness."

Witnesses are called, including Trevor, Malary, Pete, and Charlie. Experts testify about the nature of Candanite and its significance. The defense highlights Simon's unconscious state during the incident and the lack of intent.

Magister Aelius: "The court has convened to deliberate further on the matter before us. It is the decision of this court, in consultation with the City Council, to establish a new legal term that will encapsulate the unique nature of the defendant's actions."