W E L C O M E

⋆ W E L C O M E ⋆ T O ⋆ A ⋆ K I N G D O M ⋆ O F ⋆ S H A D O W S ⋆ A N D ⋆ L I G H T ⋆

W E L C O M E T O A K I N G D O M O F S H A D O W S A N D L I G H T

Thank you to everyone who stumbled upon this book and gave it a try — I am grateful to each and every one of you for giving my book a chance and hope you enjoy reading it!

*・゚:*・゚

B O O T C A M P M E N T O R S

A big THANK YOU to Wimbug who helped me a lot with the outline of this book during the first Session of the Bootcamp Mentorship Program hosted by BootcampMentors - it was a pleasure to work with you during this time!

*・゚:*・゚

B L U R B

In every shadow lies a spark of light, waiting to ignite the dawn of a new era.

In Avaloria, a kingdom steeped in magic and ancient lore, the legend of King Arthur's heir is a beacon of hope. For thousands of years, no one has been able to pull the sword from the stone, leaving the realm fractured and divided.

Princess Elara of Luminaria, a province shunned and isolated from the rest, wishes to bring the region to its former glory. When she discovers her lineage to King Arthur, Elara sets out on a perilous journey to the capital, disguised as a commoner, determined to claim her birthright.

Along the way, she encounters Prince Alistair, the heir to Avaloria's throne. As they navigate political intrigue and ancient rivalries, their growing bond leads to a relationship that could unite their hearts as well as their kingdoms.

Facing danger at every turn, they must find the strength to look past the differences in a divided kingdom and fulfill a destiny that has been foretold for centuries as they reignite Avaloria's magic together.

*・゚:*・゚

M A I N C H A R A C T E R S

P R I N C E S S E L A R A

Princess Elara is a noble and kind-hearted young woman, spirited and adventurous, with a strong affinity for light magic. Skilled in combat and determined to prove herself as the true heir of King Arthur, she longs to explore beyond her kingdom's borders and unite Avaloria under her rightful rule, despite facing doubts and insecurities along the way.

P R I N C E A L I S T A I R

Prince Alistair is a politically savvy and highly skilled young leader, tasked with upholding his family's legacy and navigating the intricate web of alliances and rivalries in Avaloria. Despite facing immense pressure and grappling with self-doubt, he seeks to make unique contributions to the kingdom, leading to a journey of self-discovery and growth.

*・゚:*・゚

K I N G D O M O F A V A L O R I A

Avaloria is a kingdom where magic is woven into the fabric of everyday life, but its full potential remains untapped due to a lingering imbalance. When the descendants of King Arthur are revealed and the prophecy of the sword in the stone is fulfilled, the Lady of the Lake restores the flow of magic, ushering in an era of prosperity and renewed belief in the mystical power of the land.

M I D V A L E A S C A P I T A L O F A V A L O R I A

Midvale, the heart of Avaloria, stands as the political and economic center of the kingdom, managing administrative affairs, trade, and diplomacy while sustaining itself through taxes and tributes from other provinces. Its air crackles with magical energy, making it the hub for magical education and research, and home to the royal court where crucial political decisions are made, shaping the future of the kingdom.

W I N D H A V E N I N T H E N O R T H

Windhaven is located in the north of the kingdom. This province is renowned for its fierce winds and wind-powered energy, which it exports to other provinces. Its citizens harness the power of the wind for travel and industry, while the province maintains a strategic military presence due to its defensible terrain and aerial capabilities.

C E L E S T R I A I N T H E W E S T

Celestria is located in the west of the kingdom. This province is renowned for its celestial wonders and harmonious coexistence with magical beings. Temples dedicated to celestial entities adorn the landscape, but the province is also fraught with hidden dangers, where mortal and celestial realms converge, and those who seek cosmic power tread a perilous path.

L U M I N A R I A I N T H E E A S T

Luminaria is located in the east of the kingdom. This province is renowned for its radiant beauty, where the interplay of light and shadow paints the sky in vivid hues. Home to ancient ruins and mystical relics, the province is shrouded in illusion, challenging travelers to discern reality from fantasy as they navigate its dazzling landscapes, while its inhabitants, the descendants of King Arthur, hold a contentious place in the kingdom's history and politics.

S U N H A V E N I N T H E S O U T H

Sunhaven is located in the south of the kingdom. This province boasts eternal summer, where travelers encounter warmth and light amidst fragrant blooms and gentle sea winds. Yet, amidst its beauty lie hidden perils, from unforgiving deserts to lush jungles, where the relentless sun poses both blessing and danger, demanding travelers to navigate its lands with caution and resilience.

*・゚:*・゚

H A P P Y R E A D I N G

*・゚:*・゚

Jess Murrell | 2024 | Wattpad