Hogwarts Story

Chapter:

I'm not exactly the favorite child. I'm quite the opposite, actually.

Idiot. Mistake. Failure. I've heard them all. And you get used to it after a while. But my mother let out a lot of curse words that I didn't even know existed when she found out I, too, had gotten my Hogwarts letter a few months ago.

Lillian, my bratty twin sister, looked horrified that I was also going to Hogwarts. She threw a big tantrum over it, too.

"BUT I DON'T WANT LEAH TO COME!" She screamed as I sat silently at my place in the kitchen, eating a bowl of soup. Too bad for Lillian. It's actually against the law to keep your kid home instead of sending them to Hogwarts.

I finished my soup and did my nightly routine of washing the dishes, sweeping the floor, and cleaning Lillian's gigantic bedroom, massive walk-in closet, and washing her dirty clothes.

After I was done with all of that work, I went into my bedroom. Compared to Lillian's, it's as glamorous as a useless, worthless, piece of used toilet paper. Well, even if it isn't very big, (and what I mean by that is my room is about the size of the average muggle school janitor's closet) it's nice. I'll try and help you picture it.

An owl calendar hangs above a dark brown desk with a pretty comfortable chair. I have a bed with a comfy mattress and a whole toy bin full of thick, cozy blankets. The room itself is black, and the one lightbulb above my bed often flickers. I also have a storage cabinet built into the bed. Oh, and the flooring is a pretty comfy carpet.

Anyways....

I changed into a nightgown and started to get ready for bed. After all, Mum said she'd take me to Diagon Alley tomorrow so I could buy school supplies, and even a pet! Lillian also will come, which makes it less exciting but who cares?

Chapter 2:

Being my first time in Diagon Alley, I had to ask a few people in the bar to help me get in. A gentleman named Tom helped me through, and I thanked him before going off into the unknown.

I could easily see why Diagon Alley got its name. It looked like a large alleyway, bustling with people. My mother and Lillian were waiting for me in the crowd, my Dad being too lazy to come. She signaled me to follow her.

"Can I get a pet first?" I asked. "No. We're going to get your wand and more important stuff first. Then you get your pet." My mother rolled her eyes. Lillian smirked.

"Aww."

"Now come on! Hurry up now." My mother snapped. We walked into the wand shop, and was greeted by a man with silver eyes. "Uhm... H-hello," I murmured shyly, staring down at the floor.

"Well, hello there." Replied Olivander. "And hello, Mariam." He greeted my mother. "I remember when you got your wand. Ebony, Dragon Heartstring, eleven inches precisely, nearly unbreakable." I was surprised that Olivander knew that, because my mother is ancient.

My mother nodded curtly. Lilliana looked nervous. Then, we began trying to find my new wand. The first one I tried out was a long, dark brown one. It didn't seem to like me so much, though, because it made the window explode.

The rest of the wands we tried didn't work out so well, either. You probably don't want to know what they did. Finally, though, I found a wand that didn't hate me.

I flicked it and it didn't destroy anything like the last wand did. Instead, a few sparks shot out of it, which I assumed to be a good sign. "Finally, that took you long enough." My mother sighed dramatically.

"Ah, yes." Olivander smiled. "I think this one will suit you very well. Dogwood, unicorn hair, fourteen inches. Bendy."

Then, Lillian tried to find her wand. After a few tries, she got paired with a birch wand with a dragon heartstring core.