Pehli Holi

Radha returns home after being consoled by Vishaka. Though Radha still feels sad, Vishaka does her best to cheer her up. Not seeing much change in Radha's mood, Vishaka suggests, "Radha, why don't you try painting? It might help lift your spirits."

"Painting? Why do you suggest that?" Radha asks.

"Well, the last time you painted, you seemed quite happy. So, I thought it might be something you would enjoy," Vishaka replies.

Radha hesitates but eventually nods in agreement. Vishaka then leaves, giving Radha the space to immerse herself in painting.

At home, Krishn approaches his mother, who is busy knitting with Rohini. Sitting beside her, he playfully embraces her. Yashoda, smiling, teasingly slaps his cheek and says, "Go away, lalla. Don't disturb me. I'm knitting."

Krishn then asks, "Maiya, the day after tomorrow is Holi. Do we have any plans for the festival?"

With a smirk, Rohini says to Yashoda, "Did you hear, didi? Kanha is asking about our plans for Holi."

Yashoda chuckles and replies, "We know you, lalla. You must have already made a plan and are here to persuade us to go along with it."

Balram arrives and says, "Plans? What plans? Kanha, did you make plans without me?"

Krishn calms Balram, "Calm down, Dau. I haven't made any plans yet. I'm just suggesting that we hold the Holika Dahan puja at our home and invite everyone from Vrindavan and Barsana."

Yashoda considers his suggestion and says, "That's an excellent idea, lalla. I'll discuss it with your Baba," and leaves with Rohini.

Balram then asks Krishn, "What are you thinking, Kanha? Why make plans now?"

Krishn replies, "This is Radha and Krishn's first Holi together, Dau. Radha is trying to avoid me, so I'm creating an path to bring her to me."

He stands up, saying, "Alright, Dau, now I have to go."

Balram asks, "Where to now?"

Krishn replies, "Now that the path is set, I need to make sure Radha walks on it," and leaves.

Balram, confused, mutters, "No one can understand what this Krishn is saying," and follows his mother.

As night falls, Radha continues to struggle with her painting. Despite her efforts, nothing she paints feels satisfying.

In the midst of her frustration, she notices Krishn climbing onto her balcony and entering the room.

Surprised and angry, Radha demands, "What are you doing here, Krishn?"

Krishn replies, "You tell me, what are you doing?"

"I'm painting," Radha responds sternly.

Feigning surprise, Krishn teases, "You paint? I didn't know you could."

Radha remains silent, her eyebrows furrowed, as Krishn examines her painting.

With a playful tone, Krishn says, "It looks like you're struggling. Maybe painting isn't for you. You don't seem to know how to do it."

Angered, Radha retorts, "You're wrong. I've painted before, and it was beautiful." She adds, confused, "But today, for some reason, I'm not feeling the joy."

Krishn smirks and says, "Really? Show me your previous painting."

Taken aback, as she had painted Krishn before and doesn't want him to see it, Radha diverts the conversation, "Leave all that. Why are you here?"

Krishn, as if just remembering, says, "Oh yes. Do you know the day after tomorrow is Holi?"

Radha replies, "Yes."