Chapter Fourteen: Maruca

ALL POINT OF VIEWS WILL BE MENTIONED IN THESE NEXT FEW CHAPTER! ALL QUOTES WILL BE RE-RECOGNIZED ALSO AT THE END OF EACH CHAPTER. THESE ARE MEANT TO BE SHORT CHAPTERS! ENJOY! 

(For future reference, all deaths are freaking supposed to be uncalled for and quick as they are described. You are supposed to be wondering what the actual heck is happening. It's called "aFfEcT")

Maruca stared out of her window. Fall swept the courtyards and pathways, its orange and yellow leaves floating to the ground in uneven heaps. 

She had been shut out. Somehow she always knew she was the irrelevant one. Without any family issues, ability issues, or friend issues- she seemed to be the only one of her friends in the Black Swan that was getting along fine.

Even Wylie had stopped checking on her. 

Maruca had somehow fallen into a flat depression. She didn't bother to wonder how she knew that she was going to die in a matter of days- she just knew that whatever it would be, she would die plainly with thousands of unnamed others following her in later days. She wouldn't be a hero or a villain. Just an extra in the background.

But she couldn't sit here all day worrying about that.

Maruca straightened up as she decided it would be pleasant to take a walk on this nice day.

Leaving the house, she saw just how pleasant this afternoon truly was. The leaves crunched under her feet. The birds whistled their tune and Maruca couldn't help but hum along with them.

How pleasant it was to have not a worry in the world!

She stopped. But her heart didn't start beating with fear. In fact, she felt almost indifference if not a welcoming finality. Did that mean she didn't have a heart at all?

Because who would stare Fintain directly in the eyes without some sort of caution?

"Hello Miss. Chebota," he said, a faint smile appearing on his lips.

How is he here?  Maruca wondered dimly.

A small flame ignited in his palm.

"Do it," Maruca's voice didn't quiver. "Do it- I know you're going to."

"Ah- so you knew about this? How strange. . . an elf who welcomes death." Fintain remarked, amused, playing with the flame- feeding it.

"I knew it was going to happen anyway."

"But of course you did! Such talent, too bad you're friends will never see the true worth of your powers and why they should've paid closer attention to you. But we can't have an elf who tells the future alive, now can we?"

"You're right," said Maruca, "I'm a mistake. I shouldn't be here."

"Then I think you won't take it personally."

Fintain's eyes glowed with the reflection of the fire he held before he raised it and threw it at Maruca.

She saw the future flash before her eyes. A bright white light suddenly eclipsed everything. Her memories started to slip. Not away from her- but to a place where they were no longer important.

Maruca Chebota was just a name now that was carelessly tossed away. After all- what was the importance of it anyway?

So she was just her- or they? Or something. Or completely nothing at all. She saw the once Cyrah Endal welcoming her, but Cyrah was just a name now too. Cyrah was just a her also. All of them were hers or hims. Or they were all completely nothing at all.

How pleasant it must be to be free.

***