16. champions

Kennedy whistles seeing Jordan in a suit before they head over to Crenshaw for the championship game. "Man I have a good looking boyfriend,"

Jordan smiles blushing at Kennedy, "and I have an even better looking girlfriend,"

She was wearing jeans and one of Jordan's Beverly football hoodies. Kennedy wraps her arms around his neck and kisses his cheek, "you're going to do great,"

"Thanks babe," Jordan looks down at her, "ugh I wish you weren't leaving in two days,"

Kennedy's mom invited her to New York for a short vacation during their school's break. "Yeah I know, I'm sorry, but hey you're going to Tahoe with your mom and Liv,"

"But everything is super weird with my family right now," Jordan sighs.

"But it'll get better," Kennedy pokes his side, "and then I'll be back and we can hang out everyday,"

"Now I like the sound of that," Jordan kisses her.

"AY JORDAN!" JJ yells from the bus window, "quit making out with your girlfriend! We have a championship to win!"

"I'll see you there okay?" Kennedy assures him, "go kill it, I love you,"

Jordan turns around at her last phrase which they haven't said to each other since they were just friends, "I love you too, bye Ken,"

_

Kennedy rode over to the game with Leila. They haven't hung out in a hot minute. When they arrived at Crenshaw's field they sat by Liv and Mrs. Baker. Liv was still really pissed at Leila but she kept her mouth shut and ignored her and Kennedy was smart to place herself between them. It was now game time. They announced all the players and now it's the kickoff. The eagles received the ball first.

It was now the third quarter, the score was 21 to 28 Beverly in the lead. Every time there was a play between Chris and Spencer you could feel the tension from the bleachers. Jordan had to even break them up from starting a fight.

Chris got the ball and was going between all of Beverly's defenders but then Spencer plowed him to the ground. Beverly's crowd all erupt in cheers until they don't see Chris get up. "Is he ok?" Kennedy asks aloud to Liv and Leila.

"Oh my god," leila sighs seeing Spencer over him.

Spencer starts screaming for help and Chris couldn't move. He had to be pulled off by ambulance. "Hey go down there, maybe you should talk to him," Kennedy nudges Liv.

"Okay yeah," Liv agrees.

Kennedy gave Liv a small smile and squeezed her hand before she went over to the ambulance to see how Chris was doing. The game was about to start back up but Spencer wasn't in sight.

It was now the fourth quarter and Crenshaw was beating Beverly 35 to 28 with 3 minutes left in the game. Spencer came back out with his dad, who they needed to help win this.

Now there was just over a minute left. They were still trailing by a touchdown. Jordan threw the ball to Spencer for a touchdown to tie it.

On defense, Spencer was doing a good job of keeping Crenshaw from scoring.

There was 6 seconds left, Crenshaw was about to kick a field goal. Kennedy was about to lose hope when Spencer blocked the kick. The players were all scrambling for the ball when Spencer picks it up!