∂ємση ѕℓαуєя | σηє ∂αу | ηєzυкσ кαмα∂σ

(13 y/o) Male! Reader x Nezuko Kamado

Friends

Includes: Platonic, Fluff

~One day spent can bring two people closer together.~

[Y/N] RUSHED ALONG the stony path, sandals pattering on the pavement. The short and meaningful conversations around [Y/N] filled his ears for a brief moment before getting lost in the crowd once again. A smile of slight enthusiasm bloomed across [Y/N]'s features as he proceeded to make way through the congregation of people towards the Butterfly Mansion.

[Y/N] had been acquainted with the Kamado family for quite some time. He would visit Tanjiro, Nezuko, and the other members of the family up in the mountains almost every day in the past. Since [Y/N] was closer to the age of Nezuko, he would often hang out with her and help take care of her younger siblings.

Until the tragedy involving demons, that was.

Once the news of the entirety of the Kamado family being brutally slaughtered by a demon reached him, [Y/N] had lost hope and had sunken into a profound sadness. The Kamado family was like a family to him. Once the joy was diminished, [Y/N] found himself led astray, as if his memories were just one endless dream.

However, more than a year later, the word of the status of the two oldest siblings in the Kamado family somehow got to him, and [Y/N] couldn't help but feel a rush of relief. He still felt that empty sadness whenever he reminisced about the past, but a tiny amount of happiness came flooding back once he had become certain that Nezuko and Tanjiro were alive.

More information about the two siblings came in gradual pieces, before [Y/N] had finally obtained enough information to at least get an idea where Tanjiro and Nezuko had gone.

Now as [Y/N] wove through the streets of the village, he caught a glimpse of a grand structure with a perimeter of lush trees within the area, and he resumed his intended course after rounding a corner.

So Tanjiro's become a Demon Slayer, and Nezuko is traveling with him. If that means that Tanjiro is able to protect Nezuko and himself, then I won't have to worry about them anymore.

[Y/N] slowed his hurried pace down to a casual stroll, approaching the impressive structure before him. He tilted his head slightly, feeling a sense of unease roil within his stomach. [Y/N] sucked in a deep breath, shutting his eyes to attempt to calm himself down.

It's only been one year. We haven't been away from each other for that long. They'll probably still recognize me.

"[Y/N]-chan? Is that you?" a voice came from in front of [Y/N].

[Y/N] opened his eyes, his gaze pinpointing on a male figure in a checkered haori. A brown, ironed Demon Slayer corps uniform was visible behind the open folds of the boy's clothing.

"Wait, T-Tanjiro-san?" [Y/N] shouted, his expression morphing into surprise. Tanjiro's eyes brightened at the mention of his name, and he nodded, raising one hand to greet the other.

"It really is you!" Tanjiro exclaimed. He beckoned [Y/N] over with a sweep of his arm. "I think it's okay with you to come inside. Nezuko has been missing you for quite a while."

"I bet she is," [Y/N] hummed with a small smile. [Y/N] tread into the mansion upon Tanjiro's gesture, and the building was plunged into a subtle darkness. [Y/N] glanced around the area, his eyes quickly adjusting to the alternative lighting.

"Are all the windows closed here?" [Y/N] questioned. "That probably explains why everything is so dark."

Tanjiro was about to add something to answer [Y/N]'s query, until his expression abruptly changed.

"Oh! I was just about to go on a mission," Tanjiro told the boy. "Try to find something to keep yourself busy in the meantime. See you!"

"Okay, bye!" [Y/N] answered with a wave. "Stay safe!"

Tanjiro returned [Y/N]'s motion, soon disappearing behind the gates of the mansion. [Y/N] returned his attention to the inside of the mansion, where everything was silent.

Huh. It doesn't seem like anyone is here. I should probably go somewhere else.

[Y/N] nodded to himself, beginning to turn to go outside, until he heard a scuffling sound from across the room.

[Y/N] whirled around to face whoever was there, his defenses in full fight or flight mode. A girl about the same height as [Y/N] stood a little ways in front of [Y/N], a curious and intent expression on her features. It took [Y/N] a while to recognize the figure before him.

"Oh, Nezuko-chan! It's you!" [Y/N] exclaimed, his form relaxing. He trotted across the room, angling his head to one side to take in Nezuko's new appearance. "You certainly look... different!"

Nezuko let out a small hum, which was slightly muffled by the bamboo shoot tied around her mouth. [Y/N]'s curiosity intensified as his eyes landed on the item securely fastened around the lower part of her face.

"I see you've gotten a new design!" [Y/N] told Nezuko, laughing softly. "I like it."

Nezuko closed her eyes, her expression showing evident happiness and pleasure. She then reached out and grabbed [Y/N]'s hand in hers and proceeded to rush further into the mansion, whilst tugging [Y/N] into motion.

"Oh! Um, where are we going, Nezuko-chan?" [Y/N] queried the female. Nezuko let out a series of short and light hums, finally leading [Y/N] into a different area into a mansion.

In the space, there were several beds lined across the sides of the room. The windows were also boarded, shutting out most of the light in the room. [Y/N] looked around the room in mild wonder, glancing over at Nezuko with an expression of bewilderment. Though before [Y/N] could utter a word to Nezuko, Nezuko led [Y/N] to one of the beds set in the room, promptly sitting down on the velvety surface.

[Y/N] sat down beside Nezuko, and the two of them sat in the comfortable silence with Nezuko humming occasional tunes. Her legs swung back and forth, thumping against the edges of the bed a few times, with [Y/N] still trying to get a grasp on what has happened over the last couple of years.

"It's good to see you, Nezuko-chan," [Y/N] murmured with a gentle smile. "It's been a long time, hasn't it?"

Nezuko looked over at [Y/N], smiling brightly behind her bamboo shoot. She leaned onto [Y/N]'s form, her head resting on his shoulder. [Y/N] let out a small chuckle, patting Nezuko softly. Nezuko hummed in contentment, her eyes gazing at [Y/N]'s intently.

"So, Nezuko-chan," [Y/N] began with a slight tilt of his head. "Do you, um, want to hear a song?"

Nezuko's head shifted slightly on [Y/N]'s shoulder, a soft hum of agreement sounding from her. A curve of satisfaction formed on [Y/N]'s lips, and he then began to sing a soft melody. The lyrics were unintelligible at times, though the resonation and the pitch of the song were soothing, similar to a lullaby. Nezuko swayed to the rhythm of the song, her eyes closing as she took in the harmony, letting out a contented sigh as her body relaxed against [Y/N].

By the time [Y/N] finished his song and had faded out from the last note, Nezuko was soundly asleep, her breaths coming in deeply. [Y/N] softly released a breath, leaning his head onto Nezuko and closing his eyes, the quiet rhythm of his heart beating to the cadence of a song.

Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.

Secrets From the Author:

By the time Tanjiro got back from his short mission, he found Nezuko and [Y/N] fast asleep together. Tanjiro then wrapped a blanket around the two of them and let them rest.[Y/N] knew that Nezuko was a demon the moment he saw her, though he never mentioned it since he still viewed Nezuko as a family member.[Y/N] and Nezuko would play hand games together and read whenever they got the chance. Nezuko liked hearing [Y/N]'s voice when he whispered stories to Nezuko in the evening.Nezuko got [Y/N] to sing several times, and she would always applaud and cheer at the end of every song.

I hope you enjoyed this short story! I had some trouble coming up with plot ideas lol XD, but I hope that I fulfilled your request! Thank you for reading! ^_^

~Brumal