∂ємση ѕℓαуєя | ƒσяєѕт gαℓє | ѕαηємι ѕнιηαzυgαωα

(11 y/o) Female! Demon! Reader x Older Brother! Sanemi Shinazugawa

Family

Includes: Platonic, Fluff, Comfort, Happy Ending, Slight Violence

~Most demons thrive on humans and blood. Some are good, some are bad. Yet one thing in common is that all of them have feelings.~

SURVIVAL.

That was the only thing on her mind.

Ever since [Y/N] had been transformed into a demon, she had been into constant hiding from the Demon Slayer corps and other demons alike. She had gotten into a few close calls, but her brother Sanemi was always there to protect her. However, she knew her current status wouldn't last long. Only [Y/N] and her two brothers survived the incident involving the slaughter of the Shinazugawa family, which became so by their own mother. [Y/N] was still confused on how her mother became a ravenous demon, but she was also undeniably afraid that the same fate would soon befall her condition as a demon.

Demons. They were the ones that took away [Y/N]'s parents in the first place. So why did she have to be cursed with the monster that had taken away her love and safety?

However, [Y/N] wasn't cursed with the typical hunger for flesh as other demons do. She had never eaten a single human ever since the form of a demon took over her own. She still retained a human heart and her basic logic, and those quickly convinced Sanemi that his younger sister was still the same.

"Sanemi-san," [Y/N] spoke, tugging on Sanemi's sleeve for the umpteenth time. "Can we play a game?"

Sanemi stared at his younger sister with an expression of slight disbelief.

"I can't, [Y/N]-chan," Sanemi answered, his tone firm. "I just got a mission. I won't be home for the night."

"But Onii-chan," [Y/N] urged Sanemi, resorting to clinging on his arm. "I want you to stay, please?"

Sanemi sighed, closing his eyes and shaking his head lightly.

"I'm sorry, [Y/N]-chan, but I have to finish the mission first," Sanemi told the young demon again. "You just stay hidden, and don't let any of the corps find you. Now I have to go."

[Y/N] frowned, her lips sinking deeply as her eyebrows furrowed.

"I can come with you!" [Y/N] proposed. Her eyes brightened with hope as she gazed at Sanemi pleadingly. "Please? I don't want you to leave!"

Sanemi softly released a breath, kneeling down to [Y/N]'s level. [Y/N] still looked expectant as Sanemi contemplated his next words.

"Look. You can't come with me," Sanemi told [Y/N], his voice holding all its seriousness. "It's too dangerous, and you might get yourself killed. Just stay inside until I come back.

[Y/N]'s face sunk into disappointment, her head hanging at Sanemi's response. Sanemi felt a slight pang in his chest, his expression softening at [Y/N]'s saddened reaction.

"At least give me a good luck hug?" [Y/N] asked her brother, her head lifting to meet Sanemi's eyes.

Sanemi dipped his head into a silent nod, answering, "Of course."

[Y/N] stepped forward and threw her arms around Sanemi's neck, burying her head into his shoulder. Sanemi felt her body quiver slightly; she seemed to be trying to hold back her sorrow. Sanemi rubbed the [H/C]-haired girl consolingly, letting [Y/N]'s face sink into the fabric of his uniform.

"You can let go now," Sanemi told his sister, and [Y/N] retracted from the Wind Pillar, a sorrowful expression still written on her features.

"Come back soon," she whispered.