{4}

Author's Pov

Jeia tried to calm her racing heartbeat as she recalled the incident. She quickly gathered her belongings and walked away, this time with more caution.

Upon reaching the college library, she collected the necessary books for her studies. Just then, her phone buzzed with a message from Saniya, asking to meet at the campus.

At the campus, Jeia waved in Saniya's direction.

"Why so early today?" Saniya inquired.

"Exams are approaching, so I wanted to gather some books to study," Jeia explained.

"Oh, good," Saniya replied.

"By the way, did you hear about Aarav? That brat got a nice lecture yesterday," Jeia said, laughing. "Even the principal called his parents."

Saniya stared at her in disbelief. "Seriously, Jeia, why are you so happy about him getting scolded?"

"I heard his parents are currently residing in London or somewhere," Saniya continued. "I don't think they'll come."

"Does that mean he'll get suspended?" Jeia asked, confused.

"No, he has an older brother. I think he'll come today for him," Saniya replied.

"Wait, what? An older brother? I never knew he had one."

"Yes, he has an older brother. I guess he's in his 30s, like 32 or something. I heard he's really handsome and still single," Saniya said.

"Oh, really? Then I think he's on his way to becoming the next Sallu Bhai (salman khan)," Jeia joked.

"You and your lame jokes," Saniya said, smiling. "Let's go."

Jeia grinned her and the two friends walked together across the campus, chatting about their plans for the day.

Jeia's Pov

As we walked further, I noticed the same uncle who had scolded me for being careless. I went up to him.

"Uncle, aap yaha?" I said. (Uncle,you here?)

"Arey beta, tum!" (Oh it's you) he replied warmly."Actually, my sir was called here for his brother's complaint or something," he continued.

Jeia realized he was talking about Aarav.
Oh, so that was his brother's car, she thought.
She bid goodbye to the uncle.
"Listen, Saniya, you go to the class. I'll come in a minute," Jeia said.

"But class will start soon," Saniya replied, a hint of worry in her voice.

"Don't worry, I'll be back before the teacher comes," Jeia reassured her. Saniya reluctantly went away.
A mischievous thought crossed Jeia's mind.

Let's go and see how Aarav is getting scolded, she thought, a light smirk playing on her lips.She quietly made her way to the principal's office, eager to eavesdrop once again.

Author's Pov

(As she was aevedropping the conversation)

"Mr. Sharma, I assure you this was the first and last time Aarav has done something like this at the college," the unknown man spoke, his deep, husky voice imbued with authority that commanded attention.

He must be his brother, Jeia muttered to herself, her curiosity piqued.

"Mr. Singhania, that's completely alright. Aarav is a bright student, and I was worried about his future. That's why I asked him to bring someone," Principal Sharma replied, his voice quivering slightly. It was clear the man in front of him had an imposing presence.

"Aarav is 25 years old and can take care of himself. You don't have to worry about him at all," the man replied calmly. His tone wasn't aggressive, yet his mere presence was enough to instill a sense of unease.

"I'll get going." With that, the man stood up and walked towards the door. As he opened it, Jeia, who had been leaning heavily against it to eavesdrop, lost her balance and stumbled forward.

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote
If you like the story then please share it 🥹

U can follow me on Instagram
My handle is @kwr.ites