Chapter 11 - Earned

"You won't believe what I found out. You are going to love this."

Saint opened the door of my bakery, inviting himself in without waiting for my welcome. As always.

"Yin actually bribed a gir- what happened to you?"

"Huh?"

"Your eyes resembles a panda's eyes. Why didn't you sleep?"

I shrugged my shoulders. Really not in the mood to talk. I continued cleaning the shelf while dancing to a Britney song.

"Bestie. Are you okay?"

"I am GREAT. Life is so good, the day is so bright. In fact, I will do something good today."

Saint squinted his eyes.

"Are you gonna touch yourself? Because I don't wanna be here if you are going to."

"Noooo. Something good. And different. Like... I will go diving... or climbing!"

"Pfff. You?! You'd die."

"No. I wouldn't!"

"Dude. I love you. But you are like the clumsiest person I have ever known. There is no wa- Wait." His eyes sparkled. I knew I could count on Saint to come up with a good activity.

"Yeah. Let's do it. Let's go climbing."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Do you want me dead? You can just say."

He hugged me like he was hugging a mascot of the high school football team.

"I don't want you dead. What would I do without you??

I actually know just where to take you. Assuming your sudden manic episode is caused by a certain jackass."

Damn. He knew me too well.

"I am not in a manic episode. I just have a lot of energy."

"Okay. Let's close this place and go." He circled on his feet. "Wow. This place is really coming together! When are you going to open it??"

"I don't know. Maybe two weeks. I really don't want to think about work right now.

So... where are we going?? A hill? A mountain? Wait. We should probably shop first. I don't have anything for climbing."

Saint just smiled while pushing me outside of the bakery.

...

"Really?"

I turned to Saint with an utter disappointment in my face.

"You think this is easy? Trust me, you will be crying from being so tired in an hour."

"Pfff. No way."

Saint drove us for two hours into the city center. I thought he knew a place close to a hill or something.

He brought me to bouldering.

"I cannot believe we drove for two fucking hours for this."

"It's gonna be fun. Come on."

We walked inside and a disgusting smell that consisted of sweat, panting and chalk welcomed us.

"I already regret this."

"Oh. I think you'll change your mind in 3...2..."

"War" I heard a familiar voice. It was the least expected for me.

"1." Saint winked at me.

"Kang Joon?"

"What are you doing here?" He smiled softly at me.