Meeting the Guardians/Training Begins

Sunny and Yakko boldly led the group through the thick brush of the jungles, hoping to find the palace where the Elemental Guardians resided. But they had been traveling for about 30 minutes now, and they hadn’t had any luck, and Pipp was beginning to pant harder and harder as they trotted along. “Can we PLEASE stop and take a break?!” she begged. “My hooves look absolutely filthy with this jungle mud!”

“Pipp, we can’t stop now!” Zipp argued. “If we stop, we may never find the Guardians, and evil may surround Warnerstock and Equestria before we can stop it!”

“Zipp’s right,” Sunny nodded. “We have to-- keep… going…”

Suddenly, something ahead of them made Sunny and Yakko’s eyes go wide, staring slack jawed for a few moments. “Ponies? Sibs?” Yakko called out. “I think we found what we were looking for.”

Everyone looked confused before they joined their friends at the front. Before them was a giant palace, bigger than Zephyr Heights’ (if you can see that being possible) and flags depicting the four elements hung from the highest towers. Everyone’s eyes went wide in amazement, and Pipp silently took a picture. “That… is… hooftag GORGEOUS!!!”

“I gotta admit, that palace is swanky… but I prefer our palace at home a lot more,” Dot shrugged from atop her back. “Okay, guys… there’s a 50-50 chance of them accepting our plea for help… and a chance that they could say no and throw us into a dungeon somewhere in this place,” Zipp said with a slight frown. “So, we need to be careful what we say, how we say it-- and please, Yakko and Wakko… no wooing over girls.”

“Awww… but Zipp, that’s what makes us us!” Wakko pouted. “I promise, once we get back to Warnerstock, we’ll let you woo over all the girls you want,” Izzy poked his nose. “Come on! There’s gonna be new friends waiting for us inside!”

The blue unicorn hopped ahead toward the gates, singing a little tune, and the group followed her while being hesitant. They weren’t sure how people would react to seeing them, so they had to be cautious.

Izzy pulled the large rope that activated a bell, which caused a magical mist to form into the image of a large lion, fur a dark red while his mane blazed with fire. “Who are you?” he demanded. “What do you seek from this place?”

“Um… greetings, sir,” Sunny said respectfully. “I’m Sunny Starscout, and these are my friends and the War--”

“We have no time for visitors right now!” the lion roared, scaring the group. “Now begone!”

“B-B-But you have to see us!” Misty pleaded. “My friends, they need the Guardians’ help! I know you may see us as weak, but my friends got powers from this crystal thingy in Warnerstock, and they--”

“...Warnerstock?” the lion questioned with a serious glare. “These three black-and-white creatures are from Warnerstock? Do they have the symbols of power?”

“You mean… these?” Zipp pointed to the symbols on the Warners’ hands. The lion didn’t say anything for a moment, but then sighed heavilly. “Come in and head to the throne room. We shall meet you there.”

The mist immediately disappeared, prompting the palace doors to open up, and the group quickly stepped inside. They then ventured down a long hallway, where some guards at the end opened the door, and they walked inside to face four empty thrones, each a different color and style.

Suddenly, a voice rang out, startling the group. “Presenting the Guardians of the Elements!” it said. “Bow to their great glory!”

“Uh… no problem there!” Hitch stammered as they all bowed-- even Sparky before the voice continued. “Please welcome… Kailani, the Guardian of Air!”