Pendragon's Magic Shop

She stretched out, yawning as she woke up. The train's whistle blows, announcing that the next station in approaching. She puts on her boots, and pulls her hood on her cape over her head.

She walks out, and takes in the scenery. The area is called the Wastes, but this city is just bland, two parts divided by a river, a bridge connecting them. Mountains loom overhead, the prettiest part. She thinks she sees something fly overhead, but she shrugs it off.

She takes out the slip of paper that has been waiting years to be used. Her mother gave it to her when she was younger, the day she was forced to leave home.

The girl experiences a small flashback, but is brought back to the scene by the chatter of a few folks walking down the road. "Have you heard about that wizard? I forgot his name, but they say that he is one of the strongest around!" "They say that he can read your thoughts, and that he can even shape-shift! But I don't believe that, and magic isn't for me. "

The girl shivers a little at the word magic, and tries to remember not to reveal herself. She reads the direction again, and walks off.
---
Howl sits in bed, sadly eating his breakfast. His life doesn't seem to be like it was before, and he sighs. He knows that this feeling is all because of Sophie.

Sophie, who broke up with him. Saying that he wasn't putting enough in the relationship, that he was away too much. Sophie, who left and went to that prince that used to be cursed and was a scarecrow. "Stupid Turnip head." Howl mutters to himself. He puts the plate on his nightstand, and hears someone knock on the door downstairs.
---
She read the sign on the door, and had to make sure that she was at the correct location. Pendragon's Magic Shop. She entered anyway, thinking that she could trust her mother on this.

A small boy answered her. "Welcome to the magic shop, how may I help you? Do you need a potion?"

"Actually, my mother sent me here. I have the direction here. " She waved her slip of paper. "But do you mind fetching me a cup of water?"

"No problem, miss. Just sit over there please. " He pointed to a chair in front of a small fire. She sat in the chair, and saw as the fire turned, and looked at her.

"What are you doing here? But first do you mind getting me a piece of wood? Name's Calcifer and he is Markl. " She tossed a piece of wood at the speaking fire.

"We had a fire demon like you back at home. " She says, remembering the sneaky little demon that heated their home.

"Oh, really? How nice. Bet he's not as strong as me though. If only you saw what I have to do around here. Humph. " The fire pouted.

Markl gave the girl a glass of water, and went to the base of the staircase that went upstairs. "Master Howl! There's someone here saying that they have to see you!" A door creaked upstairs, and the shuffle of slippers on hardwood could be heard.

A figure came down the stairs, wrapped in a quilt, and wearing pink fluffy slippers. She looked up at him, and saw that he had piercing blue eyes. And that he was quite handsome. Devilishly so. "Who's that?" He said, peering down at her.

"She came in, saying that she had the address of the shop. She said her mom sent her here. " The fire demon said, eating the firewood. The girl passed the sheet of paper to Howl, and he read it.

"But what's that in your pocket?" The girl pulled out a slip of red paper, and handed it to him. On it was a symbol of some sort, and he looked over it, and once he finished, threw it into the fire. "Okay then, I understand the situation. Now, can you show me what you can do? And take off your hood, if you mind. "

She stood up, and spoke. "I do mind, and I'm going to keep my hood on. But I'll show you what I can do. " She held up a hand and snapped her fingers. Promptly, a small orb of dark energy formed, and she molded it into a long staff. She lit a fire at the edge, and feeling daring, lit his quilt on fire.