Chapter 1

My eyes pop open and it's as dark as night. I hop out of my bed and try to find my way around scurrying across the ground. Suddenly I bump into something I thought was a wall. I feel around and find a knob. I turn and pull on the knob, open the door and step out of the room. Boom. I heard it again. Boom. It sounded like it came from down the hall to my left. I walk slowly down the hallway. Boom. There it is again, this time it scared me and I jumped back accidentally knocking something over. Smash. It hit the ground. I look around to see if anyone had awoken from the sound. Nothing. I looked down at the glass then I saw a figure standing next to me. I look over to my side but the figure was no longer there. It had disappeared into thin air. Where could it have gone so quickly. Boom. I heard it again but this time it was much quieter than the last time. I quickly got up and walked toward the sound. Careful so that I wouldn't knock anything else over. After half an hour of looking for where the sound was coming from, I gave up. I walked back to my room. As I got to the door i felt a breeze. It was no normal breeze like usual in this castle. It was much like someone had ran by me. I shook it off and went back to bed.

(The next day. It's morning time)

"Princess. You must wake up right this instant. Your father needs you downstairs dressed and ready to go." said the maid as she knocked on the door. "Ready to go where? My father never said anything about going somewhere yesterday when we discussed what I was to do today." I said while yawning and rubbing the sleepiness out of my eyes. "Well princess you must do as your father tells you" she said then walked away. I got up and got ready. I couldn't help but wonder about last night. What was the figure I saw? Who was the figure? Or even what was the figure. I was finally done putting the finishing touches on my outfit. I blocked out what happened last night and went to see my father downstairs. "You look lovely as always my dear" my father complimented. "Thank you father" I said. "So where are we suppose to be going?" I asked. "Well we are going out to interact with the kingdom. You need to get out of that room of yours more often and I thought this would be a great thing for you" he told me. "But father..." I began but he interrupted me "No buts. This is a great thing for you. When you run this kingdom, you can't just sit in your room all day." "yes father"