Chapter 9

(Morning)

Last night was just not a good night for me. These darn crutches are stupid. Oh, I have an idea; I should go back to the rocks and see if the boy shows up. I really like him.

I sit up and get my crutches that are next to my bed. I get up and start crutching to the door, down the hall, and down the stairs to go outside. Before I go I yell out "I'm going out and I'll be back soon, Anna." I walk out and start to go out to the lake.

(At the lake)

Wow it's still so beati--- Oh look, it's my rock. I crutch over and sit down on it. This is actually not that uncomfortable. I like it. "Back here again I see" a familiar voice says and I jump a little. I turn around to see that boy yet again. Just what I was hoping for. "Well hello to you too" I say. "Hello" he chuckles and waves slightly while smiling big. He's just so adorable. He walks over and sits right next to me. "So how're you feeling today? Does your foot still hurt a lot?" He questions. "Well I'm not doing bad and my foot of course still hurts but not too bad" I answer. "Well that's good to hear. At least you're getting better" "Yes, that is true. Thanks for the concern." I say. "Do you mind if I swim? I don't want to leave you here alone." He asks sweetly. "Oh no, of course not. Go ahead. Be my guest" I say. He gets up and pulls his shirt over his head. Then walks into the water. After swimming around for a bit he gets out and says "Do you think you'd be able to get in the water? I think it's ok because it shouldn't effect your foot." " Well honestly I would but, I'm a little scared and don't want to be bit again or anything. It just...I didn't like it. It hurt a lot and I kinda don't want to go through that again" I say shyly facing the ground. He comes over and uses his pointer finger and lifts my chin up slowly and gently. "I promise you won't have to worry about it. I'll even stay close by and help you out. You don't have to be scared. You can trust me and trust that I won't let you get hurt." As he says that I blush a little. "Do you really promise?" I ask. "Yes." After he says that, he lifts me up and starts to walk over to the lake and slowly walks in. I hold onto him tightly and squeeze my eyes shut. I feel the water on my back and make it's way up to the rest of me. I start to shiver a little because it's still cold like it was the other day. "It's really cold. You're really warm" I say. He pulls me in closer to him. "Is this good enough? Are you warmer now?" He questions. "It is. Thank you. You can let me swim now. I think I can handle it." I say. He reluctantly let's go of me still making sure that I'm ok. He holds my hand loosely. I look at our hands and back at him. He starts to move closer to me. He reaches for my face and cups his hands around my cheeks, leans in, and kisses me. So gently and so passionately. He has soft perfect lips that makes me want more. I kiss back almost immediately. My hands seemed to instinctively go for his hair. I start to tug lightly at it. Then we pull back and stare into each other's eyes for just a moment. His were so beautiful and seemed to glimmer. It's like I was seeing all the stars in them.